“Malmaison - Aberdeen”
Review of Malmaison Aberdeen

Malmaison Aberdeen
Ranked #13 of 65 Hotels in Aberdeen
Reviewed 13 March 2012

This is a really lovely hotel right in the middle of the business district. The steak is a must try.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
There are newer reviews for Malmaison Aberdeen

Reviewed 10 March 2012

We went here for my daughter's 18 th birthday as a special treat. I had requested a good table and we got one. I also took in a small flower arrangement for the table earlier in the day and they were happy to put it on the table for us arriving. I also took in a birthday cake and asked if they'd bring it over after our main, which they did. Service was very good, as was the food, though there's no doubt it is a bit pricey.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank sfcAberdeen
Reviewed 10 March 2012

My first impressions were very good, the hotel is lovely and the reception is really well decorated and I felt like I had arrived somewhere very special even though I was here on business.

The bed rooms are huge, with a stunning shower! The best I have used!!!

The only downside to the stay was breakfast which was £15 and consisted of a measly plate with 1 sausage, 1 bacon, 1 black pudding, 1 tomato and 1 mushroom! A bit steep at £15,

Apart from this I will use this hotel again when I am next in Aberdeen

• Stayed: March 2012
1  Thank Tim_York_UK
Reviewed 19 February 2012

Booked Malmaison online after checking the online menu, arriving at restaurant found steak with baked potatoes were not an option, only chips! Forgot to change the menu online. Ordered salmon instead which was full of bones, complaint completely ignored. Nice soup and coffee but would only rate 5 out of 10

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 February 2012

We stayed here on Boxing Day to celebrate our Anniversary. Initially i had booked a table in the Brasserie but when the hotel to confirmed my booking they offered me a room for £25 - yes please!

The decor of the hotel is very 'modern Scottish' - quite dark, lots of stone, and a touch of tartan - extremely smart but not too minimalist. The reception staff were very friendly and our room was fantastic. Very generous size and a HUGE bathroom with wonderful drench shower. Lots of lovely little extras to make it feel very special indeed.

Dinner was wonderful, we both had lovely starters and then steaks for main course. The staff were friendly and attentive, the bread was fresh out of the oven which our server apologised for keeping us waiting for, and it was a very enjoyable experience. The bar is very smart too though not huge, but a very pleasant surrounding for an after dinner drink

I cannot recommend this hotel highly enough. It was my first trip there but i will definately be back, even if 'just' for dinner

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank DFAberdeen
Reviewed 12 February 2012

We stayed here for one Saturday night very recently in a suite. The hotel is pleasant, clean, stylish and generally presentable. The staff were very pleasant and the food in the Brasserie of a good standard. HOWEVER, what let the hotel down badly for us was the incessant noise emanating from the brasserie and bar directly beneath our room. The brasserie has funky lounge music booming out and the entrance ( yards off the busy Queen's Road) was directly beneath our room. The music was clearly audible, together with the sound of revellers coming and going until very late in to the night. I would strongly recommend anyone considering the hotel to ask for rooms at the back, as otherwise, if it is a relaxing night you are looking forwards to, you may well be disappointed. Definitely a flawed gem as far as we were concerned.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
5  Thank Boltonwanderman
Reviewed 11 February 2012

The hotel design is unsual. It's not my cup of tea for a business hotel. The room is dark and not much space for work inside the room. The bathroom is excellent although it's quite oversize even for american standard.

The restaurant and breakfast are not that good compared to the hype. But again, it's Aberdeen. Nothing is good in the city in term of food.

Overall, for Aberdeen standard, I would still recommend it. I don't think you would find any better hotel in Aberdeen. But 175 pound hotel bill perhaps is too much if you want to stay here on your own.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business