“A good night”
Review of Malmaison Aberdeen

Malmaison Aberdeen
Ranked #13 of 65 Hotels in Aberdeen
Reviewed 1 May 2012

Stayed one night at the hotel on a dinner, bed and breakfast.
The bar had a good atmosphere
The staff were good
The dinner menu was slightly limited but the breakfast menu was excellent.
Would I go back... Yes

998 - 1,004 of 1,170 reviews

Reviewed 30 April 2012

Our taxi driver seemed impressed we were staying here, and when I turned up I realised why. Despite a late arrival on Friday night, reception staff were kind and efficient. Our 'cosy double' was small as described, but comfy with the same hight standard of decor and fittings as the rest of the hotel. Our rooms was quiet, in the old part of the building, nicely tucked away.
Reception staff happy to help with recommendations, directions and anything else you might need. The bar was also a lovely spot, with a great selection of drinks and a good atmosphere.
I've knocked a star off as the one sore spot was breakfast - not too impressive, slow service and expensive. Head to the Beautiful Mountain off Union Street instead!

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 29 April 2012

Had dinner there last week and although the meal was nice but expensive, the service was shocking, dinner was booked for 8-00pm, eventually, after asking twice, we were shown through to the dining room at 9-10pm, this was bad enough but were shocked to find the tables either side of us were empty and remained empty all the time we were there.
Eventually got our order taken, again after having to attract the waiters attention and by this time we were only going to have one course due to the time factor, ordered coffee which we eventually got but no milk, asked the waiter and he said he would get milk for us, he walked passed us but still no milk and after requesting again we eventually got our milk.
Apalling service for what they charged us and will definately will not be going back

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 28 April 2012

We had booked this hotel as our rooms at the Marcliffe were not available for another night. Big mistake! The room had water running through the roof in the bathroom (someone had left the water running in the kitchen above) - staff unfriendly and the nightly partying was noisy......couldn't wait to get out of there.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank SunshineSeekerCA
Reviewed 25 April 2012

Stayed here for a weekend and was lucky enough to be given the turrett room with the roll top bath in the bedroom! All I can say is don't hesitate book it, visit it, it's well worth it. Beautiful bar, nice wine, great breakfast, attentive staff. Can't rate it highly enough.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 April 2012

My partner and I stayed here last Sunday and had an enjoyable experience. The hotel staff were welcoming and helpful and the room itself was well equipped and spacious enough. A few quibbles however; one bedside light had a broken bulb, the curtain was not fully attached to the rail and.. horror of horrors two long dark hairs found in the bathroom !!! Minor things indeed but they should have been picked up by the housekeeping department.
The dining room was excellent with good food well cooked and presented and an excellent wine list. Again a slight quibble,the food is delivered from the kitchen and is left on a serving table for the table waitress to serve. This means that some dishes are not served as quickly as designed and the food can be ever so slightly cool. However fair is fair and when the production of liqueur coffees were delayed some additional desserts were provided as consolation.
All in all a nice experience and one we would hope to repeat.

1  Thank Kieran1948
Reviewed 16 April 2012

We used to live in Aberdeen and Mal Maison Aberdeen was our local. I loved it when I lived in Aberdeen and having been back to stay last week for a night I love it still the same. The staff are friendly & welcoming on reception, in the bar and in the restaurant too. The rooms could do with a little refresh in places (but nothing drastic) and I always find the bathroom too dark for putting my makeup on but these are all small things which can be fixed easily enough I'm sure. The beds are ridiculously comfortable, the decor is rich and elegant, the art is modern and relevant to the city and the wine cellar looks like heaven - although I've never had the chance to try it 'yet'! The bar is probably my favourite space in Mal and I always enjoy catching up with friends when I'm staying. The fire was on when we were there last week and it was so cosy that we sat there for probably 6 hours chatting. If only my own sitting room could be as relaxing and sophisticated! I am already looking forward to my next trip home to Scotland so I can try to spend a night or two here.