“Very noisy and unhelpful staff”
Review of Malmaison Aberdeen

Malmaison Aberdeen
Ranked #9 of 65 Hotels in Aberdeen
Reviewed 2 September 2013

The noise in the room from the bar was unbearable. I complained at reception to be told it would stop at 10.00pm but at 11.00pm it was still going. I asked for the music to be turned down but the receptionist refused to ask stating it is the normal height. She suggested I stayed in reception until the noise stopped!!

From other comments on the site it appears this is a regular problem.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
3  Thank margaret15430
Write a ReviewReviews (1,309)

Reviewed 29 August 2013

I work on the rigs and got fogged onshore, this was where my company put me up.
The place was excellent, free standing bath, four poster bed with TV at the end, drench shower. Mini bar, wifi, amazing food in the restaurant,free secure parking.
I hope they never put me up here again, unless I can smuggle my partner in, who I`ve now had to promise that I`ll bring there.

Room Tip: I found loads of deals with food options on their website.
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank simon j
Reviewed 28 August 2013

Was visiting family in Aberdeen and decided to stay over in what was hopefully some style.....and at Mal maison we did. Apart form the stunning surroundings and luxury rooms, the level of service fromt the staff exceeded expectation. The reception and bar staff in particular were super friendly and helpful. In general, a classy stay

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank rachattack
Reviewed 28 August 2013

My husband and I first stayed at the Aberdeen Malmaison for New Year 2008 and fell in love with its charm and wonderful mix of old and new. We returned last year and I booked a suite for my husband's birthday on their 'Love suite love' offer. Again we were delighted with the service and loved the roll top bath in the room and the largest bad I've ever had the pleasure to sleep in. Can't wait to go again.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank marydoll n
Reviewed 24 August 2013

Stayed at the Malmaison in Aberdeen for a couple of nights. Location was perfect for me and it was quite nice to go for a walk along the main road. My room was excellent, good atmosphere in the bar area and the steak was superb.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank GALACAMA
Reviewed 16 August 2013

Stayed the night in the hotel, night before I had a job interview. We had a meal in the restaurant the night before and it was really nice, food was cooked perfectly. The rooms were very comfortable and very modern. For breakfast there was a great choice and was very nice. All the staff were very polite and helpful. Overall the hotel was really nice and great place to stay.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Tomsl33
Reviewed 13 August 2013

Have been twice now for dinner- once with my boyfriend and once with work colleagues. The first time I had a curry where they had managed to under cook the rice (yes really). It was crunchy and I had to send it back and wait 15 minutes for another dish. Second time round I had salmon. For £16 this was a small, poached (or microwaved) fillet with no embellishments/sauce or seasoning, some plain boiled baby potatoes and a handful of salad leaves. The food was of the standard I would cook myself on a lazy Wednesday night.
That being said the service is very good and the decor of the hotel itself is lovely.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends