I've never given a review before but felt I needed to add one for this hotel. We were on the Sunday night deal that if you spend £75 in the brasserie you get the room for £25. I accept, that with that price , not to expect the best room in the hotel, but do expect a clean one .
We checked in at 1445 and told our room wasn't ready. Not a problem as we went to the bar and were told they would let us know when room was ready. At 1545 I asked and room still wasn't ready. My wife then asked at 1600 and was told our room was given to someone else by accident!! Eventually , having spent £40 at the bar for 4 drinks!! We got room at 1615. Room 206 is in the old part of hotel. The floor is uneven , feels like the solid uncomfortable bed is on a hill. We both rolled downhill to one side of the bed. The bathroom was disgustingly dirty. And the lighting is poor. We had to get lamp replaced as it wasn't working. See attached pics.We were already late in meeting friends so decided to stick with it.
The brasserie had no burgers and could only offer prime rib steaks as they had run out of sirloins,fillets, tbones. We had 2 prime rib steaks, 2 sides and a bottle of wine for £102. Worst steak of my life, total rip off
There are no hoteliers here. Just apathy from the staff when things go wrong. Even at check in they said " ah, you've only booked the double room". It was almost as if they knew it was a rubbish room.
No mention of breakfast or were its served. Nothing! No steps taken to take our bags while we wait in the bar. Little things like this matter.
Plenty of other , better, and cleaner hotels out there.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Malmaison Aberdeen is the latest luxury hotel to join the Malmaison family. This boutique hotel used to be the famous Queen’s Hotel and truly is fit for a Queen. Retreat from daily life in the spa or enjoy a work out at the gym. Look no further than Malmaison Aberdeen for the perfect venue for business trips or leisure breaks. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelsClick and Cancelon so you can book your Malmaison Aberdeen reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Malmaison Aberdeen Hotel Aberdeen
- Malmaison Hotel Aberdeen
- Aberdeen Malmaison Hotel
- Malmaison Aberdeen Scotland