Malmaison Aberdeen
Palm Court Hotel(Aberdeen)
  • Restaurant
  • Bar/Lounge
1,334 results
All reviewssteakrelaxation roomspa managerdrench showerthe lower ground floorgirls nightroll top bathjunior suitespa treatmentsmini barafternoon teabirthday treatsunday nightcooked to perfectionlovely hotelbar and restaurantlovely room
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 16 May 2014

I booked a good room for my 3 night stay but think my suite, Slaines, was an upgrade. Lovely room, huge and superbly comfortable bed with some lovely quirky touches. Clearly, table football is essential in an hotel room! The terrace was great, made more so by some fine weather.

The bar was buzzy and fun. Slightly nit picking and showing my age, I do think whoever selects the furniture should spend an hour or so using it! It all looked amazing but some of the chairs and sofas were not the most comfortable.

The food in the restaurant was delicious. I was there on a busy night (the restaurant was full and I later learnt there was a large party in the hotel too) and service was a bit slow initially - although, to be fair we were entirely happy drinking cocktails and sampling wine. The restaurant manager on that evening, David, dealt with this incredibly well and I ended up being more impressed by his resolution than I might have been if food had been served too quickly!

Breakfast in the room is done in a really fun way and well worth trying.

Although the restaurant manager excelled, all staff were friendly, helpful and service was good.

I've not scored 5/5 simply because there were a few things about the hotel that were not to my taste and this is entirely personal.. For example, the lighting in some areas is a bit dim for me and some of the "catchy" ways of drafting signs and flyers don't necessarily appeal to me. I loved some of the toiletries especially the fig body oil and would have liked it to be re-filled (I got through it quite quickly!) but actually I'm sure if I'd asked that would have been dealt with immediately.

All in all, a lovely, welcoming, friendly and fun place.

Room Tip: I had one with a terrace which was fab and suspect any with a terrace would all be good.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
Roula S, General Manager at Malmaison Aberdeen, responded to this reviewResponded 29 June 2014

thank you for your lovely feedback, we will surely share this with the teams, David is particularly pleased that he was mentioned in your review. we look forward to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed 13 May 2014

We booked this hotel online but didn't know much about area or hotel . My first look at hotel was that it looked lovely , cosy boutique hotel . Parking was an issue only around 12 spaces for an 80 bedroom hotel . We were greeted at reception by friendly staff who booked us into room 211 very nice room not greatest view of rooftops but we didn't care . We decided to go to bar for a drink but found it very busy with no tables or seats free at 4 pm but we found a sofa out in the hallway after about 20 mins barman said a table had freed up in the bar if we wanted to move into bar which was very good of him . We didn't eat in hotel for evening meal but after having a lovely breakfast we wish we has . Food was lovely , staff very friendly and attentive .

Room Tip: Ask for a high floor to get a chance of any kind of view
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple

thank you for your feedback, I will share it with the team. for any future visits the parking at the front is also complimented with parking at the back of the hotel, both spaces are on a first come first serve, otherwise weekend parking on the street is free of charge on Saturdays and Sunday.

Reviewed 6 May 2014 via mobile

I have stayed here twice now, both times in room 101, we loved the room the 1st time and asked for it again. The room is lovely decorated, great size, lovely front facing and not noisy. We had a meal and it was also lovely. Will definately be back, maybe chance a different room next time for a change.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Roula S, General Manager at Malmaison Aberdeen, responded to this reviewResponded 11 May 2014

Thank you for your time and feedback, we do have similar sized rooms across the hotel, so if you feel adventurous on your next stay let us know we will offer you a different room to try out. thanks again for your comments , we will surely share them with the teams.

Reviewed 5 May 2014

Stayed on the Sunday night deal that if you spend £75 in the hotel the room is £25 this is a good deal as the restaurant is very good. the room was small but adequate with a drench shower and a bath. Bed was good sized, down side there was no complimentary water in the room only in the mini bar at £2 a bottle also only 1 tea bag per flavour in a twin room bottles of house red in the room were £17.50 so not bad. My daughter tried to upgrade us as a surprise, but the hotel wouldn't accept a payment over the phone, this is a strange policy. The hotel is situated a bit out of the town centre, so you will need to get a taxi to the night spots

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your feedback, we are glad to hear you enjoyed your deal, unfortunately PCI compliance laws require the card holder to fill in and sign a 3rd party form and send this information to us in order to confirm that the transaction is legal and the card owner too. We apologise for the inconvenience this had caused you.

Reviewed 4 May 2014

this is a very busy hotel, the bar is always full and the restaurant busy but they cope with it well and service remains friendly and efficient
we like the rooms here, they are modern and very comfortable. the restaurant is the place to come for steaks and the small gym well maintained

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your lovely comments, we are delighted you had a good time and we look forward to welcome you back soon