Malmaison Aberdeen "dares to be different" by making everything black. The rooms are dark and poorly lit. Whoever designed the lighting in the bathroom has never put on make-up or had a shave. The recessed lights are directly overhead, casting shadows on your face so you can't see what you are doing. The curtains are black and the drapes are black. There is even art work in the corridors where faces are covered with black shadows. The people at check-in are not terribly competent. One cheery-faced young man gave us wrong information every single time we had a question. When we tried to order a car for a day-trip, they said they would get back to us in a half hour. I called back an hour later and still nothing. They later told us that each thought the other person at reception was doing it. As a result of the left hand not knowing what the right hand was doing, we were too late to rent a car and have a day trip in Aberdeenshire on our last day in Scotland.
When we checked in the cheery-faced fellow sent us on a wild goose chase to the wrong corridor. Next he had us hauling our bags up a flight of steps to the assigned room that wasn't even air-conditioned. When we refused that room, we had to drag our bags back down, finally taking them to an air-conditioned room on the ground floor. This is unacceptable service.
As far as staff goes, it is mostly in the reception that there are problems. One of the waitresses in the bar was exceptionally sweet and helpful throughout our stay. The young women who serve breakfast were also wonderful: they even remembered our names, room numbers and our particular likes. There was a decent breakfast buffet with especially good croissants.
On the plus side, the bed was very comfortable and it was good to have an iron and ironing board in the room instead of having to request them from the front desk.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Malmaison Aberdeen is the latest luxury hotel to join the Malmaison family. This boutique hotel used to be the famous Queen’s Hotel and truly is fit for a Queen. Retreat from daily life in the spa or enjoy a work out at the gym. Look no further than Malmaison Aberdeen for the perfect venue for business trips or leisure breaks. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com and Odigeo so you can book your Malmaison Aberdeen reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Malmaison Aberdeen Hotel Aberdeen
- Malmaison Hotel Aberdeen
- Aberdeen Malmaison Hotel
- Malmaison Aberdeen Scotland