“Will be back”
Review of Malmaison Aberdeen

Malmaison Aberdeen
Ranked #13 of 65 Hotels in Aberdeen
Reviewed 6 July 2009

Good service, easy going and helpful. Our room was on the lower ground floor, with plenty of room, and all the latest design and gadgets. I wasn't too keen on the fact that there is a path leading down to the second car park which runs by the bedroom windows. Although there is a black net curtain we could see people walking by quite clearly, I don't know how much they can see looking in!. I will ask for a first or second floor room next time. The shower was fantastic, though I wish I had brought my shower cap! As we were only in for one night we didn't have time to use the spa, that's for next time. Great bar and restaurant, if you don't mind walking across the glass floor. Will definately be back.

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 5 July 2009

This was a very pleasant stay that I booked after reading TripAdvisors and wanting to break our trip between Edinburgh and Inverness, after visiting St. Andrews. A great little spot and good value ($150). I told them it was our 50th Wedding Anniversary trip, and they instantly upgraded us to a Junior Suite, with a bed as large as any I have ever seen. It made our King Size bed at home look small!

We only stayed one night, but would have happily extended another night if we didn't need to keep moving.

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled on business
Reviewed 1 July 2009

I booked this hotel through another well known site, and I had checked the reviews beforehand... WOW is all I can say, the rooms were a good size, all the comforts of home. Plasma TV kept my boyfriend happy and the what amazed me was the size of the bathroom. I would recommend this to couples and families, The bar is trendy and all the locals use it on a Saturday night, our room was on the ground floor, but the rooms appear to be soundproofed and we heard no noise...

Fabulous hotel

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 June 2009

Everything about this hotel was impressive. Service, Staff, Dinner Menu, Rooms, Room service and even the soaps and shampoos..

We stayed 5 nights and travelled with a child and asked for a bed for her (4 yrs) and unlike places where you have to wait after check in to get your bed, all of this was organised in advance. We enjoyed the dinner menu and sometimes ordered room service.

Sometimes, we had our dessert as part of the set menu and they actually said we could take the dessert up in our room (since it was late for our daughter).. and they brought it up just as they said they would..

Something just comforting and magical about this place. The vibe and the staff are warm and friendly.

I would say only the location could be a bit off centre so you should take a cab in to town or the (infrequent!) bus.. but if you don't mind that (5 min cab ride) then you're all set! The off centre location is good for the hotel just because then you're not in the midst of the busy Aberdeen centre..

• Stayed: May 2009, travelled with family
Reviewed 14 June 2009

While not a place one might usually think of for golfers, this hotel was a pleasure for us to discover. The desk staff could not have been better. The rooms are quite large with plenty of room for your luggage and clubs, they are very contemporary in design, but also very comfortable with terrific beds. The bathrooms are beautifully appointed with ultra modern fixtures and are also quite roomy. We had dinner both nights in the restaurant downstairs, it is also where breakfast is served in the morning. We enjoyed the everything we ate there, a good wine list too, and an excellent choice of whiskeys in their cool bar as well. The breakfast was equally well done. We didn't have time to use the spa, but it looked very nice on a visit downstairs. I'd be happy to stay here again when back in Aberdeen.

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled with friends