I went to the hotel for a drink and, I'd hoped, a quick supper with my wife. On arriving at the bar at around 8 we were told that we couldn't get food there since it was after 6.00, and that was when they stopped serving food in the bar area. We were only looking for a quick bit to eat since it was our first night together after the birth of our first child and wanted to get back to the babysitters! Anyway we ordered a drink and asked whether we could eat at the sofas at the brasserie. We were told that this wasn't possible.
Of course the hotel is free to have its own policies, but it was a Sunday night; the bar was very quiet and the brasserie was no more than a third full. There was no reason why they couldn't have been a little more flexible in serving us food without our having to go through the full brasserie process. There was no discussion, no alternatives offered, just flat "no"s on each request.
The cocktail was quite good though.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Malmaison Aberdeen is the latest luxury hotel to join the Malmaison family. This boutique hotel used to be the famous Queen’s Hotel and truly is fit for a Queen. Retreat from daily life in the spa or enjoy a work out at the gym. Look no further than Malmaison Aberdeen for the perfect venue for business trips or leisure breaks. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Hotels.com, Lastminute, Agoda, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, HRS and Cancelon so you can book your Malmaison Aberdeen reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Malmaison Aberdeen Hotel Aberdeen
- Malmaison Hotel Aberdeen
- Aberdeen Malmaison Hotel
- Malmaison Aberdeen Scotland