“Why so inflexible?”

Ranked #12 of 64 Hotels in Aberdeen
Scotland
“Why so inflexible?”
Reviewed 28 July 2009

I went to the hotel for a drink and, I'd hoped, a quick supper with my wife. On arriving at the bar at around 8 we were told that we couldn't get food there since it was after 6.00, and that was when they stopped serving food in the bar area. We were only looking for a quick bit to eat since it was our first night together after the birth of our first child and wanted to get back to the babysitters! Anyway we ordered a drink and asked whether we could eat at the sofas at the brasserie. We were told that this wasn't possible.
Of course the hotel is free to have its own policies, but it was a Sunday night; the bar was very quiet and the brasserie was no more than a third full. There was no reason why they couldn't have been a little more flexible in serving us food without our having to go through the full brasserie process. There was no discussion, no alternatives offered, just flat "no"s on each request.
The cocktail was quite good though.

1 Thank helenmarylairg

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (161)
Dunfermline
Reviewed 28 July 2009

Stayed weekend hotel was fabulous the furnishing and decoration was amazing !! Staff were very attentive and helpful cannot recommend highly enough

Scotland
Reviewed 26 July 2009

Travelled to Aberdeen and managed to get an excellent rate of £90 at this hotel. Very comfortable room with great modern decor, large bathroom and very comfortable bed. Free wi-fi was provided in the room. Food in restaurant is a wee bit expensive but is of a very high quality. Selection of breakfast cold buffet and cooked items is excellent. If you can afford it I would recommend it either for business or for a treat for your loved ones.

• Stayed May 2009, travelled on business
Scottish Highlands, United Kingdom
Reviewed 22 July 2009

Stayed here for one night in July 2009
Rooms were absolutely gorgeous - Huge beds, Very sumptious soft furnishings, well planned & spotlessly clean.

We had a separate bath and shower cubicle which was great - Low level lighting in bathroom when main light not in use was excellent idea as I didn't have to switch on a bright light when going to the loo during the night.

Staff friendly & accommodating. Breakfast enjoyable but a little expensive for what was provided.

All in all an excellent, bright, comfortable and modern hotel - Delighted to recommend to all !

Sussex
Reviewed 6 July 2009

Good service, easy going and helpful. Our room was on the lower ground floor, with plenty of room, and all the latest design and gadgets. I wasn't too keen on the fact that there is a path leading down to the second car park which runs by the bedroom windows. Although there is a black net curtain we could see people walking by quite clearly, I don't know how much they can see looking in!. I will ask for a first or second floor room next time. The shower was fantastic, though I wish I had brought my shower cap! As we were only in for one night we didn't have time to use the spa, that's for next time. Great bar and restaurant, if you don't mind walking across the glass floor. Will definately be back.

Portland, OR
Reviewed 5 July 2009

This was a very pleasant stay that I booked after reading TripAdvisors and wanting to break our trip between Edinburgh and Inverness, after visiting St. Andrews. A great little spot and good value ($150). I told them it was our 50th Wedding Anniversary trip, and they instantly upgraded us to a Junior Suite, with a bed as large as any I have ever seen. It made our King Size bed at home look small!

We only stayed one night, but would have happily extended another night if we didn't need to keep moving.

• Stayed July 2009, travelled on business
East Kilbride
Reviewed 1 July 2009

I booked this hotel through another well known site, and I had checked the reviews beforehand... WOW is all I can say, the rooms were a good size, all the comforts of home. Plasma TV kept my boyfriend happy and the what amazed me was the size of the bathroom. I would recommend this to couples and families, The bar is trendy and all the locals use it on a Saturday night, our room was on the ground floor, but the rooms appear to be soundproofed and we heard no noise...

Fabulous hotel