Our first experience of a Malmaison Hotel, check in was quick, smooth and we (2 couples) were personally led to rooms by receptionist. Impressive! But we found out why - we would have struggled to find our 'superior' rooms alone. Be warned - 21 & 22 are below ground, have very poor daylight and are on their own next to the laundry and bar store - we experienced loud noise (staff moving barrels) well after 1 a.m. and the laundry staff started thumping about at 8 a.m. Staff could be trained to close doors quietly too - these were just allowed to slam each time someone went in and out of the two areas.
Although dark, rooms are beautifully designed - contemporary but with a scottish twist. Bathroom is excellent with massive drench shower and huge bath - bliss. Bar was very busy before dinner - hard to find a seat. Some unusual things on the menu e.g. ox cheeks, bone marrow, fried brill. Steaks were superb - £28 for fillet with side dishes extra. Desserts were unexciting. Meal for 4 exc. wine was c. £200. Extensive wine list and fab sommelier but waiter lacked enthusiasm. We have had better breakfasts at lesser hotels - nothing distinguished it and we had to wait ages for tea and coffee. We were told by the three different staff we asked that the kitchen was very busy ....obviously... but not the right answer when you're dying for your morning cuppa.
The feel of the hotel is luxurious and these were irritating disappointments that took away from what first impressions promised to be a great hotel experience. We might be tempted to give it another go - the spa looks amazing and worth a try.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Malmaison Aberdeen is the latest luxury hotel to join the Malmaison family. This boutique hotel used to be the famous Queen’s Hotel and truly is fit for a Queen. Retreat from daily life in the spa or enjoy a work out at the gym. Look no further than Malmaison Aberdeen for the perfect venue for business trips or leisure breaks. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Ebookers and Evoline ltd so you can book your Malmaison Aberdeen reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Malmaison Aberdeen Hotel Aberdeen
- Malmaison Hotel Aberdeen
- Aberdeen Malmaison Hotel
- Malmaison Aberdeen Scotland