“deceiving from the outside”

Best Western Summerhill Hotel And Suites
Ranked #36 of 65 Hotels in Aberdeen
Reviewed 16 March 2014

This hotel is deceiving from the outside but very nice inside.Rooms modern and very clean,food good,staff very helpful. Goody bag nice touch.breakfast was very good. Would recommend for nice quiet break.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
summerhillAberdeen, General Manager at Best Western Summerhill Hotel And Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 20 March 2014

Dear Wullie J

Thank you for taking the time to communicate your views on the hotel via the Trip Advisor site.

I will certainly pass on your comments to the team which I am sure they will be pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us, our guests feedback is always appreciated as only through our guests comments do we know we are achieving our set standards.

Reviewed 15 March 2014

The exterior looks shabby but the interior is to a high standard, reception staff were very pleasant and helpful. I was advised that I had a suite ?, I don't think this is what I would call a suite but hey ho.
The room was in nice décor the bed was comfy the toilet was very clean and there was plenty of shampoos etc for your use. The room I had, had disabled facilities in the toilet.
Breakfast was a buffet style and was tasty, breakfast staff were pleasant, eggs were to order but on the morn I was there they took for ever to arrive, I had to remind the staff of my request.
If travelling by car you need to be mindful that the car park is really for the shopping centre adjacent to the hotel and can be difficult to get a space at certain times of the day.
This hotel wouldn't be my top pick to stay in Aberdeen but that doesn't mean its not a good hotel.

Room Tip: All rooms a double and treble glazed, rooms facing the Lang starched weren't affected by the noi...
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business

Dear Graham Y

Reviewed 2 March 2014 via mobile

Stayed here for two nights on a groupon deal which included breakfast and evening meal. Room was fantastic very spacious and the complementary items were really appreciated ( shampoo, mouthwash, body moister, lip balm, facial spray and shower gel) and the goody bag. The tea making facilities were fantAstic, usual only given two of each but here we got about 5 tea bags, 7 coffee sachets, 4 hot chocolate sachets and 4 shortbread packets, not mentioning the fridge content bottled water, orange juice and kit Kat which was all replenished each day.

A lot if choice at breakfast from full English items to cereal and plates was take. Away so fresh plates can be used if you wished to go for more with unlimited drinks non alcoholic

Evening meal a lot of choice and never left hungry if anything the portions were too big for us but we are small eaters, fanatic portions and never disappointed

One evening we wanted to go into the town and the receptionist was more than helpful explaining where to go etc and ordered our taxi and we was able to wait in the bar area and she came and let us know when it had arrived.

All staff were amazing we do not have one bad word to say about any member of staff, all very helpful, pleasant and made you feel welcome and that nothing was too much! They even make a point of remembering you once they have met you. Absolute credit to the hotel!

When you turn up to the hotel do not let the surrounding put you off, when we arrived we were very concerned as it is not very inviting and the parking is very insecure I was not happy leaving my car there but had no choice. However when we walked into reception all our concerns were gone and my car was safe.

If a deal like Thai arises again we would not hesitate to book

Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank XXBella22XX
summerhillAberdeen, General Manager at Best Western Summerhill Hotel And Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 7 March 2014

Dear XXBella22XX

We have upgraded all of our guest toiletries range after guest feedback and hopefully we now offer something for all of our guests.

Reviewed 28 February 2014

I enjoyed this hotel. Small rooms and small TV, but great amenities and a generous welcome package with complimentary snacks. I could walk down town and to the beach in 40 minutes. I normally stay at higher quality hotels, but the breakfast is one of the best hotel breakfasts I have ever had. The website led me to believe I could get Aeroplan points here, that was unknown to the staff. Felt a little pricy for a Best Western hotel, but perhaps Aberdeen is a bit above UK average.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western GB
summerhillAberdeen, General Manager at Best Western Summerhill Hotel And Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 2 March 2014

Dear Rune Kevin N K

Please contact me directly and I will rectify the issue surrounding your aeroplan points.

Reviewed 27 February 2014

this was the first time we stayed at this hotell and wont be the last the staff and the hotel was great they also could not do enough to help my wife with her special dietery needs very comfortable all round.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear DouglasS

Reviewed 24 February 2014 via mobile

The difference a room makes. Having used this hotel before and found it to be excellent I was sorely disappointed on last visit.

Travelling on business I paid £165 for a room only. Which can only be described as a very small box room.

Tea and coffee facilities were available but no plug unless you put the kettle on the floor under the desk or by the enterance door.

The bathroom is what an estate agent would call bijou. It was not possible to be seated on the toilet without one leg stuck to the radiator. If this was switched on it would have been interesting. The toilet roll holder was behind you on the wall making bit difficult to reach.

The walls were paper thin. I could hear the gentleman to my left snoring and the gentleman to my right talking in his sleep.
The staff in the restruant were polite and attentive however the young girl on reception at checkout left a lot to be desired.

I have stayed here before and had a great time but so disappointed this time.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business

Dear Blueberry2010

I will certainly discuss your comments with the team especially our reception team. Some of our single rooms are compact, although where possible we do try to upgrade guests in singles when possible.

Our rates are competitive within the Aberdeen market although lower rates are always available by booking in advance with our advance purchase scheme.

Reviewed 23 February 2014

Stayed here for a weekend in February on a Groupon deal.
On arrival I was disheartened. The exterior is very off putting. Ignore it!
Inside you will find a warm efficient welcome and spotless, pleasant surroundings.
Our twin suite was very well appointed with everything you could want and more!
The kitchen area was a real bonus as were all the complimentary food and beverage items.
The selection of toiletries in the shower room was fantastic, even lip gel and mouthwash.
I had forgotten my toothbrush but the super receptionist was able to provide me with one and toothpaste.
The service in the restaurant from Iain and Kelly was exemplary as was the food.
A fabulous weekend break.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family

Dear whizz51

We have continued to improve the furnishings and decoration within the bedrooms and throughout the hotel and we are happy that our guests like our changes which we will continue with, in an aim to improve the guest experience, this incudes upgrading our guest toiletries and amenities.