“Pleasantly surprised”

Best Western Summerhill Hotel And Suites
Ranked #34 of 65 Hotels in Aberdeen

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (77)
Stromness, United Kingdom
Reviewed 14 April 2014

Recently stayed in this hotel for 2 nights with my 2 young daughters. Very pleased with this experience, this is my second stay in this hotel and I remain very impressed with the service from all staff, especially in the restaurant. Room was just the perfect size for us and very clean. Nice touch with the complimentary bag of water and snacks. Would definitely stay here again and would recommend it to anyone visiting Aberdeen and looking for somewhere to stay.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
summerhillAberdeen, General Manager at Best Western Summerhill Hotel And Suites, responded to this review, 16 April 2014
Dear MrsBOrkney

Thank you for taking the time to communicate your views on the hotel via the Trip Advisor site.

I will certainly pass on your comments to the team which I am sure they will be pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us, our guests feedback is always appreciated as only through our guests comments do we know we are achieving our set standards.

Reviewed 13 April 2014 via mobile

A bit wary once seen outside but doubts soon disappeared once inside.nicely furnished and very clean.great sized room with complimentary goodies a great touch.we enjoyed our stay and will certainly use again.as im working in Aberdeen we stay in hotels for weekends regulary for a change of city for night out.i must say compared to summerhill the others were vastly overpriced for rooms received. Nice friendly staff and compliments to them.

Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear gazza1803

Reviewed 5 April 2014

Whilst not in city centre this hotel is easily accessed by bus opposite. Food is first class and staff friendly. We came on a Groupon deal and found it excellent value for money. Car park is a bit hit or miss as it is used by the public to access the shops nearby.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank PatStAndrews
Dear PatStAndrews

Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed 4 April 2014 via mobile

I have stayed at this hotel a few times before for business. I had had different experiences. I did leave a previous review explaining I wasn't very happy once before.

However I have to say this visit was excellent. The staff were very polite and friendly especially the restaurant staff. (Kelly) They were attentive without being overbearing. Reception were very professional they checked to ensure I was happy with my room and they appeared genuinely intrested in ensuring my stay was pleasant. Which it was.

After a long day working all I look for is somewhere I can get a good night sleep that is clean and somewhere to eat without any hassel and this is what I found.

The staff are a credit to the hotel and after this visit, I would not hesitate to return the next time I'm in Aberdeen.

Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Blueberry2010
Dear Blueberry2010

Motherwell, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 March 2014

Such a disapointment!!!. I booked this hotel as my daughter had an interview at Aberdeen university and had read the excellent reviews on this hotel.
At check in the receptionist had us in a double room, I had booked a twin, I pointed this out and the room was changed to a twin. On arrival at the room, we realised that there were only enough toiletries and towels for 1 guest, I called reception and a set of toiletries arrived, I asked about towels and the staff member questioned if there werent enough, I said 1 face cloth, 1 hand towel and 1 bathtowel?? NO!!!. The new request was meet with a bit of an attitude.
Now onto the cleanliness of the room, the dust on the headboard was so thick I actually wrote the word MANKY and with the dust on the TV,I wrote MANKY. The shower basin had what looked like blood ingrained into the grouting, The light above the sink in the bathroom didnt work as there was no chord to pull.
Overall this was not a good experience for myself and my daughter, at breakfast the croissants were wrapped in clingflim, not a good practice I an sure.
The electrical items within the room were well overdue PATtesting , the hairdryes by more than a year.
I am sorry this is not a great review,and I get that if I had only paid £40.00 or so on groupon, I would have had value for money, but I paid £179.00. for the room and another £36.00 for dinner. So not value for money whet so ever.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
summerhillAberdeen, General Manager at Best Western Summerhill Hotel And Suites, responded to this review, 21 March 2014
Dear 137Lesley15

I have read your review with some dismay, you had booked a double suite room with booking.com and our duty receptionist managed to move you into a twin opposed to a double.

Please accept my apologies if the receptionist replied with a bad attitude as this will be rectified as this is unacceptable, as detailed in our guest directory in each room there are an additional set of towels in the wardrobe. As for the range of toiletries in your bathroom, we specifically offer a higher standard of toiletries which are double the size of standard hotel toiletries, if additional toiletries are required our guest directory does state these are always available by contacting reception.

I can assure you all 45 bedrooms are checked by our head housekeeper each day and this is something she or I would never accept as all of our rooms are cleaned to an exacting set of standards as you will see from previous reviews.

Our pat testing was completed October of last year and I will certainly check with the company who completed this as to why the label was not updated.

The rate in which you booked is a somewhat higher rate as you booked through a third party agent , we guarantee to offer the lowest available rates either direct with the hotel or via Best Western, although our rates are closely in line within the Aberdeen market and as such we offer the most competitive rates.