“Good Experience”

Ranked #29 of 64 Hotels in Aberdeen
Glenrothes, United Kingdom
“Good Experience”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 July 2014

Very friendly staff who go out of their way to help you. Clean fresh rooms with a welcome pack containing a drink crisps and chocolate bar. Attached restaurant served basic meal at non-expensive prices. Breakfast layout makes the breakfast look worse than it is as was tasty but had to wait a long time on eggs being prepared. Will be staying here again

Review collected in partnership with Best Western GB

summerhillAberdeen, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Summerhill Hotel And Suites, responded to this review, 28 July 2014
Dear James R

Thank you for taking the time to communicate your positive views on the hotel via the Trip Advisor site.

I will certainly pass on your comments to the team which I am sure they will be pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us, our guests feedback is always appreciated as only through our guests comments do we know we are achieving our set standards.

We are currently reviewing our menus and breakfast layout to make it more appealing to our guests.

manager@summerhillhotelandsuites.com

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (75)
sunny coast Queensland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 July 2014

Very reasonable rate at weekend and in advance. Room excellent, recently renovated. Breakfast terrific, staff very friendly. WiFi connection fine, even though we were at the far end of the corridor. Hire car was OK left in the car park outside even though there was a function on that night, and it was left in a vulnerable spot at the exit, but it got damaged at Fyvie Castle by the only other car in the huge empty car park, so you can't predict. Good location on highway, but less than desirable surroundings. Overall I'd recommend it and happily stay again.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Dial000

Cobham, Surrey
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 July 2014

I'd like to say good things about this place... But I'm struggling...

I booked for one night as I was working in Aberdeen. The price was really good value, £35 for the night. However my work arrangements changed and I needed to stay an extra night. I called the hotel and struggled to explain this to the guy I spoke to. He didn't seem ti understand I wanted an extra night...

When the penny dropped he said "no problem, there's plenty of availability so you can stay an extra night but there is a slight price difference...". As he said "slight" I was almost tempted to say "that's fine book it" but I asked anyway... "What is the difference?"

Price for night one... £35...
Price for night two.... £134.10....!!!!!!!

Ridiculous... Seriously, how can they justify that for a VERY basic single room with no breakfast...?

They should rename themselves 'The Dick Turpin Inn"...

Hotel itself is nice and clean. Outside is awful but inside is good. The car park is a shared car park with a few fast food take aways. Wouldn't have trusted my car there for long!

WIFI is good... if you're in the bar area! I had no wifi at all in my room on the 1st floor. I had to sit in the bar. Sales ploy as I was constantly asked if I wanted to order some food or a drink... even when I had a drink in front of me...

Shame those little things spoiled it for me. Get it on a cheaper rate and I'd highly recommend it. Watch out for the SLIGHT price changes though....

Room Tip: I've put no wifi because if you're not in the bar you can't get wifi despite it advertis...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
summerhillAberdeen, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Summerhill Hotel And Suites, responded to this review, 11 July 2014
Dear Kevin M

Thank you for taking the time to communicate your views on the hotel via the Trip Advisor site.

Contrary to what you may perceive we are not inflating our rates above the norm, as most of our guests are conscious of the fact the market within Aberdeen is very buoyant and to achieve a better rate a majority of our guests book in advance to take advantage of special rates and discounts which are always available.

Our rates are the lowest within our own marketplace within the 3 star market in Aberdeen and we ensure we are offering the most competitive rates on a day to day basis. I am somewhat surprised at your issues with our wifi as I can assure you there is no underlying plan to get our guests to spend money in the bar by forcing them to use the wifi downstairs, I believe when the team member enquired if you required anything was a point of courtesy not a sales tactic.

We have 3 access points on each floor to ensure all bedrooms get a strong signal for there wifi needs, I will speak to our IT team to investigate as to why this has happened for which please accept my apologies.

Glasgow, Scotland, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 July 2014

Clean comfortable and modern rooms. Like the welcome bag with water, sparkling and still, a Mars bar, crisps and cereal,bar. Nice range of toiletries and slippers. The staff were pleasant and helpful. Would recommend this hotel, near the hospital so would be good for those working or visiting.

Room Tip: Stayed a couple of times and never had a problem with rooms.
Dear Margaret S

Cairo, Egypt
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 June 2014

I stayed here for 3 nights from 23rd May on a recent visit to Aberdeen. On arrival we were tired as had travelled from Cairo and arrived around 7pm. The room we were given was used, however after a little time this was sorted and we went back to a lovely large clean room. The hospitality of the staff was great and the efficiency in which they corrected there mistake was wonderful. The breakfast were lovely and plenty of food on offer, the tea and coffee supplies in the room were replaced daily and the room was kept spotless. We have done this trip several time and stayed before at a nearby premier in hotel but this was way better and much better price. Would definatley recommend this hotel and will return.

Room Tip: there is no swimming pool......couldnt delete this
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Valbanks
summerhillAberdeen, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Summerhill Hotel And Suites, responded to this review, 26 June 2014
Dear Valbanks

Thank you for taking the time to communicate your highly positive views on the hotel via the Trip Advisor site.

Please accept my sincere apologies for the initial problems with your room though I am glad the team rectified this immediately as this never should have happened.

Glasgow, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 June 2014

The hotel was clean and tidy,the food was good but don't expect a hotel car park there isn't one.
You have to park in a very dodgy shopping centre one next to farm foods and an off sales.
Then comes the hard part,you have to drag your cases round the corner up the stairs and into the hotel,no help from staff

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
summerhillAberdeen, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Summerhill Hotel And Suites, responded to this review, 23 June 2014
Dear daviefreescot

Our team are all trained to offer assistance with luggage and if this was not offered please accept my apologies as this is part of the service we offer to our guests and we will investigate your points as a matter of urgency.

As I noted in your previous review unfortunately we do not have our own car park and as such our guests share the car park with local residents although unlike most other car parks this is free of charge.

Whilst the car park is not ideal in any way unfortunately this is the only parking option for our guests locally, we do try to work with the car park owners to see if any improvements can be made but as we have no direct influence over it this is a difficult task.

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 June 2014

Nice clean room and very nice staff. The food was very good value for money and well worth a stay. I booked the room on Laterooms, the cost of B & B was fantastic value for money. Would definitely stay again.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business