Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
Andrea M

Filthy

1.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 3 May 2022
The cleaning standards are an absolute disgrace. The kitchenette had food spills everywhere, dirty dishes in cupboard, microwave filthy and no turntable so unusable. Fridge full of brown mouldy ice and absolutely filthy. Smoke alarms covered with shopping bags. Cigarette ash all over windows. Windows broken and don't close, and have seen from previous reviews that this has been the case in this room for actual years. Ceiling and door frame badly damaged by damp which they have tried to disguise with paint. And they couldn't even be bothered to cover the furniture while painting as there is paint splatters over everything.
Honestly the worse hotel I have ever been in. As a housekeeper myself, I do hold my rooms to quite a high standard, but this took the absolute pi**! Should be closed down. DISGRACE!
I was booked in for 4 nights, I stayed 1.
Date of stay: April 2022
  • Algotels
    £61
2.1 miles from Sure Hotel By Best Western Aberdeen
View more hotels in Aberdeen
All reviews crisps bottled water welcome hamper kitchen area double room tea and coffee fridge receptionist corridor
Selected filters
Reviewed 1 May 2022

We booked this last minute to be closer to some friends we were seeing for the night as one of them was staying here too. Is it the most modern and flashy place. No way. Was it an absolute bargain, clean and had a comfortable bed? Definitely!
Free snack hamper in the room as well as tea and coffee along with a couple of bottles of water in the fridge, all complimentary and was a great touch. There was a free continental breakfast included but we never used it.
The room was spotlessly clean and the bed comfy. The only gripe was the behaviour of other guests that night and there had been a large function in the venue that night and the guests were up and down the corridors till the early hours and kept waking us, but that is more to say about them than the hotel.
Would we use it again, definitely for the price they charge, it was a total bargain.

Date of stay: April 2022
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Reviewed 13 March 2022 via mobile

What a lovely hotel for the money we paid. Now it may not look much from the outside but it certainly was welcoming and clean inside. Every staff member we came across was friendly and helpful. Very comfortable bed and a lovely welcome basket. Shower was so good
We will definitely visit here again.

Date of stay: March 2022
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 February 2022

We were due to attend a family function, arrived at hotel, was told no Cooked breakfast but said we got this when I booked, so got money back for that. Then goes to our room, opened door and room is badly flooded, water dripping down walls and a huge puddle on floor! Had to get moved to another hotel which was not ideal as we had 2 children to organise for the surprise party, management called round many hotels to get us in somewhere for the night, a but of a pain at last minute but eventually got a Premier inn and management paid towards this but still never got breakfast which takes the stress away in the morning with little ones.

Date of stay: February 2022
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Reviewed 31 January 2022

We booked this hotel as it's close to the hospital, my aged mother had to be there for 10am and with Storm Corrie forecast, we figured best to drive through the day before and stay over.
We were put into room 312 which was a suite with twin beds. As we were heading away from reception, a lady was complaining about her room being unclean (I see she has also written a review!).
On arriving into our room it was plain that our room had not been cleaned. The beds were unmade, the floor had not been hoovered, the cushions were lying on the floor and the welcome hamper was pretty much empty. However, the bathroom had at least been cleaned, although the towels had not been changed.
I returned to reception and requested clean linen and towels. The receptionist was very apologetic and offered to change them herself, but I said I would do it - she then had to visit about three different cupboards on different floors to get the various items - she also gave me a bag with crisps and water.
Upon stripping the beds and remaking them I saw that I hadn't been given new mattress protectors. One of them was ok, but the other one had hairs and was dirty - back to reception, to be told that she didn't think they had spare ones as they were washed and reused??? I wasn't particularly happy with that, so she said she would try and contact housekeeping to find where they might be stored. In the end I was given a couple of extra normal sheets to use, as the only mattress protector she could find, although washed, appeared to be dirty so she wasn't happy giving it to me.
The next issue was that Storm Corrie arrived. Which, obviously, was not something the hotel could have done anything about. However, there were some loose pieces of cladding which were being attacked by the wind and making a quite horrendous noise in addition to the general storm noise.
So, not much sleep was had - I had to wake my mother at 6 as she had to have her breakfast eaten before 6.30am due to her hospital procedure.
When I went to take my shower, the lever was not working as per the instructions (and appeared to be broken) although I was able to enjoy a decent shower. The shower screen however was broken, so the water escaped out into the bathroom.
I reported the bathroom faults to the receptionist when checking out, whether they will be rectified, who knows!
As we left the hotel, we looked up to where the room was and were fairly horrified to see that a large part of the cladding from above the room had been torn off in the storm.
It's such a shame that the poor housekeeping and maintenance at this hotel has let down what was actually quite a nice room. The receptionist on duty when we arrived was really lovely too and I felt quite sorry for her having to cover for shoddy standards from her colleagues.

Room tip: Advice is to not stay there sadly.
Date of stay: January 2022
Reviewed 30 January 2022

Before I start, both receptionist were lovely and very apologetic.
I booked myself into a double room due to work early hours the next morning. Upon arrival the room was insufficiently cleaned, hairs from previous guests on the bed and then delight my little stubbly ones and long curly ones in the sink, bath and toilet.
Mentioned to receptionist and she was incredibly apologetic and got upgraded free of charge to a king size upstairs with a kitchenette, to my delight and the room appeared ideal for the night.
An early night and awoken at 10pm to the wind for the storm, nothing unusually however the curtains were blowing wildly and the room was frozen. Turns out the window was broken, the handle was no longer there so there was no way of closing the window leaving a massive draft coming through. Tried to prop a towel up but it did very little to reluctantly have to go back downstairs and complain again, it was impossible to get back to sleep.
So once again the only room they had available was a single bed small room, at this point anything would have done for a night sleep!

So all in all, both the double and king rooms are a great size, avoid room 320 and make sure that the window has been fixed if you are allocated this room! And as for the cleaning standards, it seriously needs improvements…

All in all, the receptionist team are incredible and tried their best considering none of which was their fault, but this is not a hotel I would recommend nor want to be staying in again….

Date of stay: January 2022