Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
Sycamore68
South Lanarkshire

Avoid.

1.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 20 May 2022
My wife and I were booked to stay for 2 nights bed and (continental) breakfast. Contrary to previous reviews I found the room and adjoining bathroom were spotless but my biggest issue was the traffic noise from the A944 dual carriageway which runs past the front of the hotel. This road is one of the busiest in Aberdeen and it’s pretty constant. Even with the double glazing you can still hear the noise.
With the window closed it meant the room temperature rose significantly resulting in bedding being discarded. It is also under the flight path to the airport so aircraft can be heard from around 6am. We had our continental breakfast which was excellent but decided we couldn’t bear another night of torture so we cancelled the second night. There are far better and quieter places in Aberdeen to stay.
Date of stay: May 2022
Room Tip: Try to get a room at the back of the hotel.
4.0 of 5 bubblesRooms
Lounge Bar
    £63
2.1 miles from Sure Hotel By Best Western Aberdeen
View more hotels in Aberdeen
All reviews crisps bottled water welcome hamper kitchen area double room tea and coffee fridge receptionist corridor
Selected filters
Reviewed 3 May 2022

Booked this hotel on 29th March as my son was playing in a big rugby competition on Sunday 1st May. Had all my confirmations from booking.com and also from the hotel directly so was happy. So we were out at the rugby on Friday night and had everything organised and ready to leave on sat morning to head up to Aberdeen and luckily I checked my email only to find I had an email saying that my booking was cancelled!!!
So at 9:30pm I phoned hotel to ask why my booking had been cancelled and told the lady we were all ready to leave in the morning to head up to Aberdeen…. I was told that booking.com had sold too many rooms and that the hotel only gives them 45 rooms and they book 46!! And they told my this always happens and basically they were fully booked and there was nothing they could do… !! Not happy with the lady I spoke to she went and got the “manager” who started blabbing on about the same thing, then she said they only have a certain amount of family rooms and they had a problem with one of them and these had no other rooms to offer me! So I said to them so it is your fault the booking has been cancelled because you don’t actually have a room to offer me not booking.coms? She started speaking to me like I was stupid and I got so angry I ended up hanging up the phone..!! I’m disgusted with the way this hotel tried to blame someone else’s for their mistakes 😠 luckily I phoned booking.com and spoke to a lovely lady who after a few different hotel choices managed to get us a lovely hotel called Hampton by Hilton which was beautiful Hotel near the airport. Booking.com also paid the slight difference in money from my booking with this hotel and it was well worth it as it was so much nicer.
So if you book this hotel be very careful they don’t do the same to you as they did to my family and I.

Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Michellecaitlyn
Reviewed 3 May 2022

The cleaning standards are an absolute disgrace. The kitchenette had food spills everywhere, dirty dishes in cupboard, microwave filthy and no turntable so unusable. Fridge full of brown mouldy ice and absolutely filthy. Smoke alarms covered with shopping bags. Cigarette ash all over windows. Windows broken and don't close, and have seen from previous reviews that this has been the case in this room for actual years. Ceiling and door frame badly damaged by damp which they have tried to disguise with paint. And they couldn't even be bothered to cover the furniture while painting as there is paint splatters over everything.
Honestly the worse hotel I have ever been in. As a housekeeper myself, I do hold my rooms to quite a high standard, but this took the absolute pi**! Should be closed down. DISGRACE!
I was booked in for 4 nights, I stayed 1.

Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 1 May 2022

We booked this last minute to be closer to some friends we were seeing for the night as one of them was staying here too. Is it the most modern and flashy place. No way. Was it an absolute bargain, clean and had a comfortable bed? Definitely!
Free snack hamper in the room as well as tea and coffee along with a couple of bottles of water in the fridge, all complimentary and was a great touch. There was a free continental breakfast included but we never used it.
The room was spotlessly clean and the bed comfy. The only gripe was the behaviour of other guests that night and there had been a large function in the venue that night and the guests were up and down the corridors till the early hours and kept waking us, but that is more to say about them than the hotel.
Would we use it again, definitely for the price they charge, it was a total bargain.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Reviewed 13 March 2022 via mobile

What a lovely hotel for the money we paid. Now it may not look much from the outside but it certainly was welcoming and clean inside. Every staff member we came across was friendly and helpful. Very comfortable bed and a lovely welcome basket. Shower was so good
We will definitely visit here again.

Date of stay: March 2022
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 February 2022

We were due to attend a family function, arrived at hotel, was told no Cooked breakfast but said we got this when I booked, so got money back for that. Then goes to our room, opened door and room is badly flooded, water dripping down walls and a huge puddle on floor! Had to get moved to another hotel which was not ideal as we had 2 children to organise for the surprise party, management called round many hotels to get us in somewhere for the night, a but of a pain at last minute but eventually got a Premier inn and management paid towards this but still never got breakfast which takes the stress away in the morning with little ones.

Date of stay: February 2022