“A little gem in a convenient location”

The Brentwood Hotel
Ranked #42 of 65 Hotels in Aberdeen
Reviewed 24 July 2011

The Brentwood Hotel is nicely furbished throughout and although the bathrooms could be deemed unimaginative in their design they are still functional and have a very good standard of cleanliness. The car park is tight with limited spaces; parking a Ford Fiesta will be ok but bigger cars will take a bit of a wiggle when getting into that sought after last space! Fortunately there is street parking close by and it is not hard to find a space. The hotel has an excellent restaurant where friendly service accompanies hearty food. The breakfast is also good and although the cooked option is not served via a buffet it still is fairly generous. The hotel is close to Union Street and so very handy for getting around the town on foot. For Aberdeen this hotel is also pretty good value too. I'm not sure if there was wireless internet in the rooms but there is free internet access via a computer in reception. This hotel is not luxury or boutique but it is a very decent honest little place which does a very good job at providing comfortable accommodation and a good meal.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank vroom100
RobertManager, General Manager at The Brentwood Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 25 July 2011

Thanks for your kind and honest words about the Hotel. We do free WIFI throughout the hotel as well as the guest computer in reception. Hope to welcome you back in the near future.

Reviewed 24 July 2011

I have reviewed this hotel before and our most recent stay confirms all I have said about the hotel in the past, as good as ever. One area I would like to now highlight however is one I have not referred to as much in previous reviews and that is the Restaurant. We dine out fairly regularly in Aberdeen, and like to try new places, but we always end up saying that for quality, quantity and good value there is still no where to better The Brentwood. In that respect the Restaurant is no different to the rest of the Hotel, there is no where to better it. Well done to all the team and that is the key word here team a successful team that works hard together to make sure guests enjoy their stay and return as we do.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Johnswood
RobertManager, General Manager at The Brentwood Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 15 August 2011

Thanks for your kind words and posting a second review on TripAdviser. I will pass your comments to the waiting staff. Hope to welcome you back in the near future.

Reviewed 22 July 2011

Excellent hotel only minutes away from the city centre. Room was spacious and spotless, power shower, and a very comfortable bed. Slept soundly so didn't hear any outside noise. Breakfast good, waitressing staff friendly and approachable. Would highly recommend staying here!

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled solo

Thanks for your kind words and posting a review on TripAdviser. I will pass your comments to the waiting staff. Hope to welcome you back in the near future.

Reviewed 16 July 2011

After reading the previous reviews about parking and noise we were a bit apprehensive about staying here, but we need not have worried.

Trouble parking-it is in the City and parking is always at a premium.
Seagulls -it is a port .

We found the Staff very unobstruve and helpful.
The breakfast was very good and cleanliness in the Hotel was excellent

We will return again to stay

Colin Campbell

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
RobertManager, General Manager at The Brentwood Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 20 July 2011

Thank you for taking the time to posting a review on TripAdvisor
I’m glad that you enjoyed your stay at the hotel and we look forward to welcoming you back

Reviewed 2 July 2011

Great location, friendly and helpful staff. The room was fairly small but was comfortable and had everything we needed.

The car park was a bit tight.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple
RobertManager, General Manager at The Brentwood Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 July 2011

Thanks for posting a review on TripAdviser. I will pass your comments to the staff.

Reviewed 10 June 2011

Thanks to the comfortable bed, I slept like a log at the Brentwood Hotel despite the competing sounds of traffic from busy Crown Street and the seagulls. The other things I liked were its proximity to the centre of town and the fact the hotel was very clean plus the shower was powerful. The decor of the room was pretty dated from the old fashioned ceiling tiles to the overriding dark brown colour - brown, leather headboards; brown bed throw; brown curtains and brown lampshades. I didn't think our welcome was the best with the receptionist less than friendly and very unhelpful as far as parking was concerned. The hotel only has limited parking and there were no spaces left. I was curtly told it was my fault for arriving late and that I would have to park 'on the street.' But no parking was available on the street. No information was volunteered about nearby car parks and I had to drive round until I found one. However, to be fair, I did get into the hotel car park the following morning. Another problem was the Internet connection which kept cutting out. Again, when I asked about it, I was made to feel it was my problem as nobody else had complained. There was no offer to help me out with it. On the second time I complained, the receptionist said she would ask the manager - but nothing happened. I was under a deadline to complete some work and In the end I had to go and find an Internet connection elsewhere in the city.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family
RobertManager, General Manager at The Brentwood Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 20 June 2011

Thanks for posting a review on TripAdvisor.

Every hotel in the centre of Aberdeen suffers from a degree of traffic noise, and from the noise of seagulls for a few months during their nesting season. I believe our location on Crown Street, coupled with our double glazing, means that the Brentwood is quieter than most other hotels which are less than 5 minutes’ walk from the town centre. Although close to many of the city’s night clubs and entertainment spots, Crown Street is not a busy through route in the evenings, and we hear little noise from week-end revellers.

As regards the décor in the hotel, all our bedrooms and public areas have been completely refurbished and upgraded since March 2009. We do not feel these are dated…people can view photos of some bedrooms on our website, and form their own opinions. All our rooms have been decorated in a similar style.

There is limited parking at the hotel… we have 66 bedrooms and 15 parking spaces. Again, this is no different to other city centre hotels. What is different is that we do not charge for residents parking in our car park; some other hotels do. Usually, it is possible to find on-street parking nearby, but there is a multi-storey car park in South College Street which is 5 minutes’ walk away. Our reception staff have been reminded to explain this to guests and to give them suitable directions as to how to get to this car park on the rare occasions that no on-street parking is available.

Our Wi-Fi access is supplied free of charge in all rooms, and we also have a p.c., with internet access and with print facilites, in the reception area for guests’ use. I regret that we cannot guarantee that our Wi-Fi access will function perfectly 24/7…. I do not know of any other hotel which does. It is checked several times daily, and we have experienced few problems with our system.

Reviewed 6 June 2011

This is an excellent city centre hotel. We were made immensely comfortable by a very pleasant staff.
Standard of housekeeping is exemplary and the breakfast is very good. Parking is to the rear and free. There is an internet cafe which was much appreciated. The Brentwood is to be highly recommended.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank PeadarGalway
Management response:Responded 7 June 2011

Thanks for your kind words and posting a review on TripAdviser. I will pass your comments to the staff.