“Good location”

Ranked #43 of 65 Hotels in Aberdeen
Stavanger, Norway
“Good location”
Reviewed 27 May 2013

Stayed here for a weekend, the location is spot on! The shower was not running as it should, was offered to change room. The rooms are small but clean. The breakfest arrangement works ok, but I always prefer a buffeet.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
Reviewed 22 May 2013 via mobile

We thoroughly enjoyed our short stay at this very centrally located hotel.
Everybody in the hotel made us feel welcome. The food and the service in the restaurant was FABULOUS .... we will be back again soon!

• Stayed May 2013
North Berwick, United Kingdom
Reviewed 22 May 2013

I have stayed in this small-medium sized hotel many times in the past twenty years though only once as it happens in the past four years till last weekend when I stayed once again . The hotel is clean and friendly as before and the food is good as its reputation locally indicates . I found The Brentwood still to be excellent value for money with a great breakfast included in the price . The hotel is very handy ( five minutes walk maximum) from Union Street and the absolute city centre .The hotel also has a small car park to the rear though it sometimes can be tight getting your car in or out or even getting out of your car but it is very handy to have a free car park so close to Union Street and the centre of town so I cannot complain !

It is also reasonably close to Aberdeen rail station . You can happily reserve a night or two in this hotel because though fairly small , it is a good one !

Room Tip: Ask for a room overlooking Crown Street itself which is to the front of the hotel but is not USUALLY...
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled solo
United Kingdom
Reviewed 11 May 2013

I recently stayed for 3 nights in the Brentwood Hotel, it is conveniently located 5-10 minutes walk from Union Square. There is a small car park but if full its also close to the train station car park.

The hotel on entering looks quite modern. I was given room 13 which was on the ground floor and contained a double and a single bed. It looked alittle tired and i cant imagine the floor space would be big enough for 2 let alone 3 people! The road outside is quite busy during the day but does quieten down later at night, this wouldnt be a room for you if you were a light sleeper and didnt wear earplugs. I did ask if there was a room at the back of the hotel and was told sorry but the hotel was full, there was no suggestion i could move the next day but then i didnt ask as it wasnt too much of a problem for me.

Breakfast is located downstairs in the basement with the continental being cereal and fruit but a full cooked breakfast, porridge, or kippers are available too. Unfortunately the breakfast staff were not friendly at all and im not sure i saw a smile.

I ate dinner in the restaurant once as i am supposed to be staying here with colleagues later in the year and wanted to know what the food was like. I ordered the monkfish wrapped in pancetta with wild mushrooms and rissotto. The monkfish was ok but the rissotto was crunchy and very much undercooked, not worth the £21.50. I mentioned this to the waitress when she asked if everything was ok (at the end of the meal) and she said she'd pass it on to the chef. The dessert of cherry creme brulee was very nice and beautifully presented.

I knew i had to sign the bill for my meal to be put on my room number but i didnt get chance to ask for it as after my desert plates were cleared it was dumped on my table with a pen and no comment. It was obvious that the waitress wasnt happy i had complained and made me feel very uncomfortable. I also would have thought that something would have been taken off the bill for the rissotto i was unable to eat. This attitude continued throughout my stay and im not sure whether or not it was general unfriendliness to all guests or just myself but i felt very uncomfortable going down to breakfast each day. I did not eat the cooked breakfast and it was hit and miss whether or not i got tea/coffee as i didnt feel comfortable lingering too long.

On checking out i wasnt asked if i had enjoyed my stay otherwise i would have brought up the above comments. I found the reception staff and the cleaning staff i passed in the corridor quite friendly but im still not entirely happy with staying here again and i wont be recommending the restaurant to eat in.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
Reviewed 1 April 2013

I have just come back from my third stay at the Brentwood Hotel. It's a great place to stay whilst in Aberdeen. Some of the single rooms have queen sized beds and all have tea/coffee facilities within the room, along with a t.v. and a clean en suite bathroom. The staff are very friendly and helpful. The breakfast was delicious and the staff will go out of their way to make your cooked breakfast how you like it. There's also a very good restaurant and a separate bar for those who like a night cap in the evenings. The hotel is minutes away from the main shopping street and also from the train / bus station. If you drive, there is free parking at the hotel. For the location, it really is a very good value place to stay - especially if you go at the weekend. I will be back!

Room Tip: If you are a single traveller, make sure you request a room with a queen sized bed when reserving a...
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled with friends
essex
Reviewed 22 March 2013

I stayed in the Brentwood Hotel Aberdeen 12 March 3013. I sustained a burn to my knee that blisterered while using the loo due to the surface temperature & location of the electric heated towel rail. I jumped in the bath to apply cold water. Guess whast? No cold water.I complained to reception. The duty manager went to my room. he informed me there was no water problem & accused me of not opperating the shower properly. I asked for another room but was informed there were no spare rooms available. In the morning I tried to have a shower. No cold water.
After waiting at reception for ten minutes I was given a half hearted appology & a key to another room to take a shower. (How strange as the night manager informed me there were no spare rooms) The water issue nearly made me late for a training course along with another person on the same course who stayed in an adjacent room. The room was at the front of the building. the widow was very hard to close. the window let in acold draft & let all the road noise through. I received a phone call later on that day from the manager appologising. To little to late for me. Unfortunately my employer had pre paid for the room. I would certainly not have paid for the room myself.Due to the weather the evening of my stay (heavy snow & well below freezing) & had a meal. the starter was per cooked & dry. The venison stew was best part beef.

Room Tip: Dont accept a room at the front. Its noisy. Check that your shower works OK before you unpacreally n...
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
Sandnes, Norway
Reviewed 15 February 2013

I was here for a business trip for a week. When I first saw the hotel, I thought It was old and I'm not really impressed from the outside... But that changed when I walked through my room. I was surprised It was clean, modern and really cozy. I just ate breakfast at the hotel and I would say It is okay--- a typical Scottish breakfast. There are handful of restaurant within the area. 3 minutes walk from the hotel, you'll find a decent Chinese and Japanese restaurants. If you'll walk further (around 5 mins), you'll find a lot of fast foods like KFC, McDonalds etc etc. In this street you'll also find numerous clothes and shoes stores like Primark, UGG, etc etc... If you want to go to the mall, you'll need to walk for about 15 mins. there you will find a lot of stuff like Zara, Mango, and a lot of branded shops. Over all I liked this hotel and will be staying again here.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled on business