Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
DanFotherby
Muir of Ord, United Kingdom

Easily the worst hotel in Aberdeen

1.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 13 Oct 2021via mobile
Me, my heavily pregnant partner and my two very young boys (3 and 1) turned up after a drive from Inverness.

Firstly it took an age to get checked in, the receptionist was nice as a person but she couldn't work the door lock to get into the other side of the building locking her and us outside at 10pm in the pouring rain. She had to phone a GUESTS room to come let us in, not once but this happened twice!
I felt sorry for the GUEST (but thanks for saving us)

The Hotel was appalling, the reception looks great, the photos of the rooms look fantastic but we didn't get what we booked. We wanted a luxury room with a place to sit with two king beds and got mushed into a twin double room that was smaller than what we wanted.

The bathroom was nice and clean but the shower screen kep moving so I turned the bathroom into a small snorkelling site unintentionally.

The actually room and amenities: Well, here lies the problems.
There was broken glass on the bed and broken beside lights still in the sockets, almost electrocuting my child when i tried to switch it on not noticing. The child safety tie on the windows to stop it from opening was snapped and the frayed metal was left attached to the window sill. It didn't fee COVID safe at all as there were bags and other items left in the room from previous guests.

There was a fantastic water feature in the hallway unintentionally of course as it's was a severe leaky roof! with rain water literally pouring down it. the carpets were boggy, there we pulling apart causing trip hazards.

Overall a very very poor experience!
Date of stay: October 2021
Room Tip: Parking is extremely difficult, pay and display on street 8am-8pm. The hotel only has 2 spaces.
Trip type: Travelled with family
    £26
  • Travelodge
3.9 miles from OYO Brentwood Hotel
View more hotels in Aberdeen
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 20 September 2021

Basically if you are a old shuffling alcoholic or a teen / mid 20s that can't afford anywhere els this place is for you. I travel for a living and iv seen every hotel from supreme to bad, but the Brentwood in Aberdeen is on another level. The kind of hotel I checked out at 7am rather than be there any longer.... McDonalds on a Sunday was more inviting than my drab, dark room.
shower : no pressure / absolutely no heat
windows: opened but had 4 seagulls trying to get in as they where trapped in a small court yard so had to sleep in blistering heat
walls: supper thin, I head a man vomit in the hallway at 5am, I had to step over it to leave. when leaving I brought it up with reception and they just laughed.
security: overnight there is one receptionist that docent care and my door got tried twice during the night.
just don't go! spend that extra £20 / £30 and sleep in a clean and safe environment.

also the receptionist wanted us to pay in cash or transfer the money into a random personal account or our rooms would be cancelled. we should have seen that massive red flag from the get go

Room tip: the price is tempting but I have seen cleaner crack dens
Date of stay: September 2021
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 19 September 2021

Worst hotel I have ever been in, you could smell cigarette smoke, paper thin walls and shouting at early hours of the morning! They advertise a bar and restaurant even though when we went it was shut! The mirror was dirty and the hot water was non existent! To make our stay even more uncomfortable, the windows wouldn’t even shut, or the curtains! Not to mention the dirty carpets and walls, this is a personal F you to the company, atleast we had a nice receptionist… Do not ever come here!

Date of stay: September 2021
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 30 August 2021

We arrived at 1345 knowing we were too early for check in but just wanted to leave the car , go for lunch and return later to check in. No problems were mentioned at this point. We returned at approx 1600 to be greeted by a reception full of disgruntled people being told there were no rooms available despite having booked weeks previously. Very reluctantly I was given a key for a room and told that there were issues with the room. Issues there were! Room was unserviced, excrement in the beds, room looked like it had been trashed, toilet and bathroom generally disgusting, again excrement and the heated towel rail was hanging from its cable.
A quick search revealed no alternative accommodation was available elsewhere in Aberdeen at such short notice so we left, night out ruined. Staff handled the situation very badly and no manager was available as he was away watching football. Various excuses were given all of which transpired to be lies. I asked for reimbursement for my taxi home the following day and was told no despite providing a receipt. Very unhelpful and disinterested staff. Avoid this place like the plague.

Date of stay: August 2021
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank mikemX2586SK
Reviewed 29 August 2021 via mobile

Wonderful place. Very exotic. Shower stream was very strong. Great nights sleep, room didn't smell like stale which I was worried about, after overhearing reception saying our room stunk. Check in was strange, got told to wait for a key which never came but it was all worth it in the end

Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 29 August 2021 via mobile

Booked in and managed to get a space in the hotel car park- there are only about 20 spaces for 50 plus rooms ! The room was quite small but clean and well equipped. There is no restaurant or bar in the hotel as they are currently closed. Had a bit of an issue as my key was not opening the door properly and on Saturday I accidentally left my key in my room. The hotels master key wouldn’t open my door either so they had to call out a locksmith. This was sorted by the staff quite quickly though. Good value hotel but a little dated. A little bit of money spent on the place would go a long way

Trip type: Travelled with friends