Hotels.com
Algotels
TessaMama
Kirkintilloch, United Kingdom

Very helpful staff, cheap and cherry place worth the price.

4.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 10 Nov 2021
My two sons (7 and 11) and I went to Aberdeen for one day and needed a relatively cheap and cherry place to spend the night. The OYO Brentwood hotel provided what we needed.

The staff were very helpful and friendly and called taxis, gave us directions and assisted us. On the day of our departure, the gentleman who I presume to be the manager very kindly carried some of our luggage towards the bus station, using a shortcut that saved us spending money on taxi.

But like others have said, it is not the best hotel in Aberdeen. It was clean, but some things could be improved on. The room where we stayed in had a leaking toilet which I didn't notice on time. It wasn't a lot and the room did not get flooded, but it was there. I hope they get it glued/sealed again. Plus there were a few stains in the bath tub that I couldn't wash off. There were also some stains on some (not all) of the towels we were given, two out of four. I believe we could have exchanged them for cleaner ones, but thankfully we went with ours, so didn't bother.

That said, we did like some features of the room. The beds (a double and a single) were comfortable and pleasant to sleep in, the lights worked, shower and water worked fine. The room had a nice wardrobe with an ironing stand+iron.

My oldest son who is 11 wasn't particularly thrilled, but for the price and short duration of our trip, I thought it was alright. It probably should be called a guest house rather a hotel.

In this season of Covid, where the hospitality industry has been badly affected, I must commend the staff for staying open and offering very cheap rates. I really hope they can make the necessary improvement to attract more guests.
Best wishes OYO Brentwood Aberdeen!
3.0 of 5 bubblesRooms
    £27
  • Travelodge
3.9 miles from OYO Brentwood Hotel
View more hotels in Aberdeen
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 31 October 2021

Best thing about this hotel is the check in.
Toilet had urine in it already,making me doubt that it had been cleaned. Shower never had hot water but the bath did strangely. Not too bad, nothing you can't deal with. Until you see the broken bathroom light ,damp roof, and shoddy repairs to the toilet.
Also had dried in vomit on the carpet and various make up stains /lipstick and very dusty and scruffy. Couldn't wait to leave. Have emailed them and messaged the number provided, with no response, so left a review through the booking app I used,which has been deleted. And for almost £60 pounds a night, it's was ridiculous.

Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 27 October 2021

Husband booked 3 rooms for a family get together. My poor family who arrived before us were horrified. The rooms were not together, in fact further apart would have been impossible. One was an attic room that only a 5 foot dwarf could stand up in, no heat and no water. The other warmer but in the same vein. Our "luxury" room was cleanest, but with blood on the bathroom walls and bedroom ceiling. The halllways smelt varyingly of vomit and damp.
The staff were genuinely friendly & helpful. The owners should be banned from advertising this as anything else than a dosshouse.

Reviewed 22 October 2021

Checked in with overwhelming stench of damp only positive has a car park frantically looking for somewhere to stay should have read the reviews a major mistake. Been staying in Aberdeen for years stayed hear lots of times while on business but made a massive mistake coming back.

Room tip: Don’t come stay away unless you can hold your breath for 24 hours.
Reviewed 13 October 2021 via mobile

Me, my heavily pregnant partner and my two very young boys (3 and 1) turned up after a drive from Inverness.

Firstly it took an age to get checked in, the receptionist was nice as a person but she couldn't work the door lock to get into the other side of the building locking her and us outside at 10pm in the pouring rain. She had to phone a GUESTS room to come let us in, not once but this happened twice!
I felt sorry for the GUEST (but thanks for saving us)

The Hotel was appalling, the reception looks great, the photos of the rooms look fantastic but we didn't get what we booked. We wanted a luxury room with a place to sit with two king beds and got mushed into a twin double room that was smaller than what we wanted.

The bathroom was nice and clean but the shower screen kep moving so I turned the bathroom into a small snorkelling site unintentionally.

The actually room and amenities: Well, here lies the problems.
There was broken glass on the bed and broken beside lights still in the sockets, almost electrocuting my child when i tried to switch it on not noticing. The child safety tie on the windows to stop it from opening was snapped and the frayed metal was left attached to the window sill. It didn't fee COVID safe at all as there were bags and other items left in the room from previous guests.

There was a fantastic water feature in the hallway unintentionally of course as it's was a severe leaky roof! with rain water literally pouring down it. the carpets were boggy, there we pulling apart causing trip hazards.

Overall a very very poor experience!

Room tip: Parking is extremely difficult, pay and display on street 8am-8pm. The hotel only has 2 spaces.
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 20 September 2021

Basically if you are a old shuffling alcoholic or a teen / mid 20s that can't afford anywhere els this place is for you. I travel for a living and iv seen every hotel from supreme to bad, but the Brentwood in Aberdeen is on another level. The kind of hotel I checked out at 7am rather than be there any longer.... McDonalds on a Sunday was more inviting than my drab, dark room.
shower : no pressure / absolutely no heat
windows: opened but had 4 seagulls trying to get in as they where trapped in a small court yard so had to sleep in blistering heat
walls: supper thin, I head a man vomit in the hallway at 5am, I had to step over it to leave. when leaving I brought it up with reception and they just laughed.
security: overnight there is one receptionist that docent care and my door got tried twice during the night.
just don't go! spend that extra £20 / £30 and sleep in a clean and safe environment.

also the receptionist wanted us to pay in cash or transfer the money into a random personal account or our rooms would be cancelled. we should have seen that massive red flag from the get go

Room tip: the price is tempting but I have seen cleaner crack dens
Date of stay: September 2021