“Excellent Afternoon Tea”
Review of Cari & Co. - CLOSED

Cari & Co.
Price range: US$7 - US$13
Cuisines: British
Description: A warm welcome awaits you in our little tearoom, where we can offer a selection of speciality teas, also coffee and soft drinks. We also have a delicious assortment of cupcakes and scones, all hand baked in our kitchen, and which are also available to take away. We can provide cakes for your special occasion, from cupcakes to larger cakes, designed around your theme. Behind the tearoom, we have a gift shop, selling a range of goods, all carefully selected and sourced from Scottish crafters, and variety of craft fabrics. There is also a workshop, where we will be running craft classes.
Reviewed 10 January 2015

I have been to a lot of places for afternoon tea in Aberdeen and I can honestly say this is my favourite!! The tea room has so much character, all crockery were different which gave it that vintage effect! Lovely sandwiches, and cupcakes! Also got hot scones which is a winner for me, rarely are they freshly baked in other afternoon tea's. I would recommend this Victorian tea room to anyone. I went wig my boyfriend who enjoy it very much also!

1  Thank Abbie F

Reviewed 9 January 2015 via mobile

I was given an itison voucher for Christmas and visited today with a friend. We were both very impressed. Food was all delicious and service very good. Will definitely be recommending and returning again.

1  Thank ljc1538
Reviewed 15 December 2014 via mobile

We came here today for my birthday. Despite us arriving 15 minutes late, this wasn't an issue. We were given a warm welcome and the service was excellent. Sandwiches, hot scones, mighty cupcakes and lots of freshly brewed tea and coffee! Will be back without a doubt.

2  Thank Katrina D
Reviewed 13 December 2014

Went to Cari and co for afternoon tea after my mum buying a deal on itison. We had never heard of it before but definitley glad that we know about it now! It is a charming wee tea room that oozes character. The afternoon tea was delicious and the owner was lovely! Will be returning for sure!

1  Thank Lynnx86
Reviewed 3 December 2014

I can't understand why everyone is raving about this tearoom. We were very disappointed with everything. We were there for an afternoon tea but the service wasn't great; waitress hardly said two words to us. My friend booked it for my birthday and had advised them in advance that I don't eat meat yet when we arrived they thought that we were both vegetarian. We did advise them but we were told the sandwiches were already pre-made & so all we got was cheese & cheese! We were given one scone and one cupcake each. More choice would have been an improvement. Also, one cuppa each is not enough & a top up would be better. New customers arrived & I was shocked by the attitude of the owner towards them. We were then asked if we were finished-there's nothing like being rushed out! Would not recommend this place & we certainly won't be back.

5  Thank MrsShoob
VictorianTearoom, Owner at Cari & Co., responded to this reviewResponded 5 December 2014

Dear Mrs Shoob
I am very concerned to hear that you were extremely disappointed on your visit to Cari and Co Victorian Cafe. I had just returned from being called away in the night to see my mother that had been rushed into hospital in Dundee. I had to draft in extra staff that were unaccustomed to the running of the cafe and was grateful for the effort they had made albeit fairly disorganised, in the circumstances they were doing their best.
I have taken note of your comment regarding the quantity provided within the afternoon tea - our business is based on quality and not quantity. On many occasions we have been asked to provide a box to take away cakes that customers have been able to eat due to the quantity received for the afternoon tea. There was obviously a mix up regarding the sandwiches and as a matter of course we always top up the tea inserting another bag, I can only apologise for these errors as clearly they were purely due to the circumstances the staff found themselves in at the time. My conduct towards other customers is merely your opinion. Our comments book is full of praise of the food, ambiance and friendliness of the cafe, which is left for customers to see.
I have worked extremely hard to provide a Cafe that is interesting, gives special service and serves quality food and earn myself a reputation for doing so. I would have preferred if you had spoken to me before commenting on TripAdvisor and given me the chance to explain the circumstances. I whole heartedly believe that 99% of my customers would not agree with you.
I would have liked to have offered you a complimentary afternoon tea voucher but quite clearly by your comments you would not accept the gesture.