“Best one yet”

Price range: US$21 - US$41
Cuisines: French
Good for: Romantic, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Named after a local term for herring, Silver Darling makes the most of a superb spot at the entrance of Aberdeen harbour. Built on the flat roof of the old customs house, the conservatory style restaurant commands panoramic views of the Dee estuary one side, and the length of the beach and headland the other (summer sunsets are priceless). A classic French menu is a triumph of superbly presented dishes, singing with flavour. Three courses at dinner could start with oysters marinated with lime and Granny Smiths, followed by pan-fried Atlantic sea bream in red wine, and the dessert du jour.
Reviewed 30 June 2014

We came upon this restaurant by chance as we were in Aberdeen just for a day and walked down to see the old fishing village. We saw the menu outside and decided to treat ourselves, we were treated politely and offered a table as we obviously hadn't booked. The meal was excellent as was the service, we had scallops and rock turbot + dessert. We weren't made to feel uncomfortable even though we were dressed in jeans and trainers.Anyone that enjoys fish must try here if visiting Aberdeen

1  Thank linda t

Reviewed 28 June 2014

This was my first time at this restaurant and I will not be going back, the food was awful, bland and tasteless. There are nice views from the windows, but the atmosphere was uncomfortable and cold, I really didn't enjoy my time here.

1  Thank Anne S
Reviewed 17 June 2014

This is the second time I'm eating at Silver Darling. Excellent fish restaurant. I got oisters - most likely some of the best I've ever had. Main course was the Munk Fish with redwine gravy. Excellent taste. And the selection of cheeses w. A glass of port. Superb. Thanks. And enjoy the spetacular view when the large supply vessels sneek by thw windows.

2  Thank lfrasmus
Reviewed 16 June 2014 via mobile

The Seafood Platter was delicious with Locally Caught Tastie Lobster, local crab meat, yummy scallops and king prawns in their shells. All served on fresh seaweed. My partner ordered fillet steak, perfectly cooked and deliciously tender mmmm.
The service was great, atmosphere fun and the views absolutely stunning, over Aberdeen Beach and Balnagask.
The Silver Darling Restaurant is by far the best place to dine in Aberdeen.

1  Thank SensualCuisine
Reviewed 9 June 2014

Have just had the most amazing dinner at the silver darling. Seafood starters and mains were some of the best we have had. In fact my husband enjoyed his starter so much he had a second one as his desert. Staff couldn't have been more helpful and welcoming. Would thoroughly recommend seafood lovers to give it a try although a little pricey quality always costs!

1  Thank Gilly258