“Over cooked steak and poor service”
Review of Howies Aberdeen

Howies Aberdeen
Ranked #25 of 691 Restaurants in Aberdeen
Price range: US$11 - US$34
Cuisines: Scottish, British
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Private Dining, Reservations
Description: Refurbished January 2015. Great fresh seasonal food prepared to order. 2 Large dining areas and 2 Private Dining rooms. Set prices & a la carte. Central Aberdeen. Informal, great value, well established. Excellent wine list. Whether a small intimate dinner for two, business lunch for 12 or a wedding party Howies is the perfect venue.
Reviewed 8 July 2014

The atmosphere is okay. My friend's food was fine. However, my steak was really dry and not pink at all and I had asked for it medium rare. The service was also poor. It took ages to get served and they kept forgetting to come back with things we'd ordered: food, drinks and the bill. This meant we were the last people in the restaurant, which the staff seemed annoyed about. In the end, I had to go to the bar to pay where I was met with a grumpy member of staff. It's not expensive but it's not cheap. I'd never go back.

HowiesRestaurants, Guest Relations Manager at Howies Aberdeen, responded to this reviewResponded 11 July 2014

Hi
Firstly thanks for taking the time to post your review, which of course we were very disappointed to read. I have passed your comments to the General Manager at the restaurant - and if you have time, please do get in touch with him to discuss the matter in more detail, and to provide you with an explanation as to why our usual high standards fell short on this occasion.

Best wishes

There are newer reviews for Howies Aberdeen

Reviewed 29 June 2014

Two course lunch for £10, good value, decent food. Starters; Cullen skink soup very good, prawn/crayfish cocktail slightly disappointing, (smallest prawns I've ever seen). Main courses of chicken breast, fish and chips and burger were enjoyed by all, freshly cooked and of good quality. Nice bright resturant. Service efficient and friendly.

1  Thank Ali M
HowiesRestaurants, Manager at Howies Aberdeen, responded to this reviewResponded 4 July 2014

Hi Ali

Glad you felt you had a good value lunch - I've had a word with the Head Chef about small prawns - and appreciate your comments, as feedback is always valued.

Hope to see you soon!

Yours

Reviewed 23 June 2014

I wasn't expecting much, as I do not generally like "chains", however boutique they may be. But Howie's provided me with a really quite good meal at a reasonable price. With some nice touches (I cannot recall the last time I had a real lighted candle in a real candlestick on a restaurant table - although it was rather wasted given that I was dining alone).

Dear Aberphobic (great name)

We hope that No bad means good! Thanks for your comments - feedback is always valuable, and although we have another two Howies in Edinburgh, we really don't consider ourselves a chain.

Thanks again for the review and hope to have the pleasure of serving you again soon - with real candlelight of course!

Yours

Reviewed 22 June 2014 via mobile

This is the fourth time I've been at Howies, and it was lovely as always. I love that the menu changes slightly each time. The staff are always so friendly and tend to every need. Highly recommend this place aas somewhere with great food!

Hi Keri

Nothing that makes us happier than to know that our customers want to come back for more! Thanks for posting your review, and hopefully we will see you back for your fifth visit soon!

Reviewed 22 June 2014

Great fish - look out for crab, lobster, crayfish and the very best Cullen Skink. Great risotto too.

Fresh food and great service - thanks, that makes us feel great! We appreciate you taking the time to post your review and look forward to welcoming you back soon.