“Great atmosphere and facilities”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Fraserburgh
Cheers Cafe Bar & Tavern
Ranked #15 of 16 Fraserburgh B&B and Inns
Peterhead, United Kingdom
“Great atmosphere and facilities”
Reviewed 13 December 2013 via mobile

I was recently here for a works meal and some drinks.
I haven't been there for nearly 15 years when I was at college and I was really shocked by the changes there has been.
There are lots of different parts where you can sit and have a drink and I was especially impressed by the outside layout, lots of comfortable seating and heaters. There were loads of big screen TVs inside and out showing sports.
Our party was seated in a back room for our meal with a small bar, where we were well looked after by the staff even though it was really busy inside the main bar/lounge doing lunches at the time.
I tried a couple of nice gins that were recommended to me but I would have to go a good few times to manage to try them all as there were so much and thats without trying the Whiskeys.
The food was nice and there were lots of options.

Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank JAMIE W

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Reviewed 5 November 2013

I stayed at Cheers for 2 nights with my elderly aunt. Our rooms were on the top floor - lots of stairs to negotiate which was tricky for Auntie Kate as she has mobility problems. The folk at Cheers were not aware of my aunt's disability when the booking was made (our fault entirely) and they couldn't have been more helpful in dealing with the issue.
Our considerable luggage was whisked away and delivered to our rooms by Cheers' cheerful owner Dennis. Dennis and barmaid Shona then accompanied us both up the stairs to make sure that Auntie Kate could make the trip. Once they were reassured that Auntie Kate would be able to manage the stairs, with my assistance, they left us to settle ourselves in.
The rooms were just fine - spacious and well-appointed with super-comfy beds. Our only problem was that they were not en-suite - we shared a 'private' bathroom on the landing to which only we had the key. The bathroom was good - big and airy with a top-notch shower, but a little tricky for my aunt as she had to negotiate the 'heavy' door of her room and the equally 'heavy' door of the bathroom in order to get to the loo. We took 'special measures' and managed OK! (Not a word to H.S.E. about propping fire-doors open!)
Breakfast is available from 9.00 am. Not a problem to us as we were on holiday but could be an issue to working folk. It's a decent offer - chef will cook you what you want from the traditional choices of the British/Scots fry-up. It comes with plenty of toast and as much coffee and tea as you require. There is room for improvement - no jam, marmalade or honey to go with the plentiful toast. No cereals available and no porridge on offer. Finally, when having a Full Scottish Breakfast I expect to find 'tattie scones' on my plate!
'Cheers' is a big town centre pub with B&B as an extra. There are very few decent places to stay in Fraserburgh (it is not a tourist town). Dennis has made great efforts to provide comfortable accommodation for visitors to 'The Broch'. He and his staff could not be more welcoming or helpful.
There is going to be serious competition soon as Wetherspoons are moving into the nearby, currently closed, Saltoun Arms. Good luck to Dennis and his team - they deserve success.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Robert L
Maybole, Scotland, United Kingdom
Reviewed 23 September 2013

Stayed here 2 nights , We were well looked after ,the staff were friendly and the food good ,what more could you ask for well to top it off the bed was soooooo comfy with quality bedding none of this thread bear crap you get at some places and as for the towels they were as thick soft and snow white .A lot of extra care has went into making your stay memorable . Also I was having trouble getting on my laptop and the owner said if I couldn't get logged on I could use his computer in the office now you wouldn't get that service just anywhere . Will defo be back and I would be disappointed if I could not stay here ,32inc tv also a DVD player and clock radio alarm .

Room Tip: We were in room 5 ,fantastic ,I have put 5 star for fitness centre no fitness centre lol
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank John-Sadie M
Aberdeenshire, United Kingdom
Reviewed 7 September 2013

excellent facilities for all. the meal for luch was excellent and quickly served. ideal place to take kids.it is award winning as it says.its not often i like local places either.well done and cheers to cheers bar

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
Exmouth, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 August 2013

I'm a touring musician so I've seen the inside of a lot of hotel rooms.Spent three nights here and, as a previous reviewer stated-the beds provide a level of comfort that is frankly unbelievable-ever got home and wished you were still in your hotel bed? nether had i until i stayed at Cheers.
None of the usual disappointments that go hand in hand with town centre accommodation are apparent-the kettle is clean,the tv works on all channels,the wallpaper is fresh,the artwork personal and local.A fresh clean hot shower every morning-impeccable white towels..
It is obvious to me that the manager is serious about his business-aside from the wonderful nights sleep,Cheers has built an outside area at the rear.Far more than a covered beer garden,where smokers have to huddle to get their fix,Cheers have created a huge,mediterranean style covered area with sold flooring,leather couches,heaters..the effect is rather like being in a bar/chilled out nightclub in Ibiza-in Fraserburgh!! unlike most attempts at bringing the inside outside in the UK,where you sit outside pretending to be warm- this really works-and heres the real kicker-it works for the none smoker (me) as well as the smoker-everyone gets to enjoy each others company without compromise.I have never seen it done so well in this country.
Well i could go on but you've probably had enough by now-Cheers bar is a jewel that sits behind its rather unassuming facade-go discover it for yourself.

Room Tip: I stayed in room 5-and I'd do it again in a heartbeat!
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Hollow b
Leuchars, Scotland, United Kingdom
Reviewed 11 April 2013

Fantastic warm comfortable room and I had possibly one of the best nights sleep ever, the quilt and pillows were AMAZING!!! My TV worked just fine and had a delcious evening meal and the staff were very friendly and helpful, work 100% come here again.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Annie H
Welwyn Garden City, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 March 2013

Yep I am a bloke, but I loved it.
Yes the wife would not love it, but great crack, friendly, beer, nosh and fabby breaky.
Only improver - get the carpets cleaned!

Absolutely no issues about anything else- and I have stayed in posh stuff as well

• Stayed March 2013, travelled on business