“Such luxury”

and 1 more site!
Brucefield Boutique B & B
Ranked #1 of 22 Arbroath B&B and Inns
Reviewed 28 July 2014 via mobile

I stayed at Brucefield B&B the night before my wedding. I was delighted with the spacious room. Every detail had been considered, In design and service. The lovely owners went to exceptional lengths, including allowing a late check out so I didn't arrive early to my wedding!!! The complimentary bar was a welcome surprise. The bed had sumptuous bedding, amazingly comfy, allowing a perfect sleep before my nuptials :-)
The breckfast was more than I could've hoped for - 3 courses set me up for my day ahead, with fresh coffee, cereals and Arbroath smokie!
Couldn't have asked for more, amazing value. X

• Stayed: July 2014

Reviewed 25 July 2014

Very very nice. Almost a shame this is classified as a b and b. A real touch of luxury and lots of little extras to make the place that little bit different from the rest. Stayed in room 3, nicely sized and all amenities on hand. My only criticisms, and I'm being picky because I know the owners would probably like to make changes wherever practical, are that some of the doors to the other rooms (or perhaps the doors marked private) seemed to bang quite severley. My own door seemed to close very steadily without banging so I'm not sure why the others do not. There was no freely accessible socket at the desk for my laptop and I had to pull the hefty desk away from the wall and unplug something else to gain a free socket (there were sockets on the opposite wall but my cable wouldnt reach). My other criticism would be trough shaped basin in the en suite which meant washing was awkward for someone who likes a good swill. Fortunately there were plenty of towels available put down. Fluffy robes also at hand, although I didn't partake on this occasion. Fresh milk and water in the in room fridge as well as a varied choice of teas and coffee. Evening meals were not available but breakfast choice was excellent. Try the Arbroath smokies as an alternative to a traditional fry up. Free wifi available which I dont believe is mentioned on their website.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank frequentflyer017
Reviewed 20 July 2014

We are in Arbroath for a wedding over the weekend, the bridal party were staying at Guthrie castle, which was fully booked. We unfortunately we were forced to look elsewhere, and I'm glad we came across the Brucefield. From the second we walked in the staff were so attentive and the owners were so friendly. All areas were immaculate and tastefully furnished, the room was large and had everything you could need. I will make a point of returning to Arbroath purely to stay the night in the Brucefield, I just need to find a reason. Fantastic place. Couldn't recommend it enough.
Ps the young girl who served breakfast was so professional, specially given her age.
Pps. Giving the car a wash down in the morning was a fantastic touch, well done.

Reviewed 20 July 2014

We stayed at the brucefield for a wedding at Guthrie castle. We arrived with a child but I forgot to mention that in the booking. We were happy to have him bunk in with us but a bed was very quickly and graciously made up for him. Everything was top class. The breakfast was wonderful. We are definitely looking for a reason to stay again. Thank you brucefield team.

• Stayed: July 2014
Reviewed 15 July 2014

Its hard to find fault. The B&B is beautifully furnished, the breakfasts are fantastic, however most importantly the owners could not do enough to make us feel welcome, even providing cereals, fresh milk and yoghurt when they knew we would be up too early for breakfast as we were leaving at 5am. We stayed in a suite which was spacious and luxurious. It was very good value for money and we will return.

Reviewed 14 July 2014

Very accommodating & fantastic hosts, lovely room with modern décor & brilliant amenities for guests. Will without a shadow of a doubt be staying here again whether with work or for a romantic weekend. I can honestly sum up this place in one word, ace!

Room Tip: I stayed in room 4 "Castle Stalker", this room is highly recommendable, although the other...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 9 July 2014

When I will go to Scotland the next time there will be no discussion that I will book Brucefield Boutique B & B again. I have experienced several british hotels but Brucefield Boutique is just wonderful in every aspect.

We were met outside as soon as we arrived by Raymond who introduced himself and promptly explained where important stuff like the complimentary bar was situated!

The house and the rooms are nice. Breakfast superb. Service perfect. Small trays of toffee everywhere in the house, not good for sugar addicts though!

In addition; Have anyone EVER heard of the hotel manager walking out every morning and washing all the cars of the guests? Just amazing and without ANY comparison.

I have been to several hotels in Europe and America including Mexico. I have never felt as welcome, been as good treated and left with a smile as leaving Raymond, Esther and their staff.

This is the place to stay when visiting Scotland. I would easily plan a trip to Scotland and try to keep this B&B as my central point for the visit.

Room Tip: I would presume that choice of room is irrelevant really. No traffic outside in any case. Room 1 is...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel