“A week in February 2014”

The Town House Hotel Arbroath
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Arbroath
Reviewed 12 March 2014

When you type Arbroath B&B into Google this is the first match, and with good reason. You can see the sea from just outside the hotel and it is about a five minute walk away. Although we left the room tidy the beds were perfectly made and the bed throw and towels beautifully folded every day and the bathroom was spotless. The bar staff and the chef were so lovely and friendly and made us feel welcome. We were there to visit family and we took them for a lovely fish and chip supper at the hotel. It turns out that the chef knows my family very well and we found him very entertaining. He has the recipe for the best cheesecake on earth but even thumbscrews could not make him talk. The breakfasts were beautiful and substantial. I read a review on here about the porridge being the best so I decided to try it one morning instead of a cooked breakfast. I was not disappointed, it is as good as the chef's cheesecake!!! I would recommend this hotel to anyone. I would however warn anyone with asthma that the cushions in our room are filled with feathers but there are spare pillows in a plastic case on top of the wardrobe in case you need to hide them away. Also there were only five hangers available but we managed.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
There are newer reviews for The Town House Hotel Arbroath

Reviewed 20 December 2013

This is a hotel on top of a bar restaurant ,on arrival,staff were extremely friendly and very helpful,you have a lift to get to your room but it's at the far end of the restaurant and when I stayed it was very busy hosting Christmas dinners.
The room was very spacious but I did have the disabled room,room was very clean and very modern which was a nice surprise,you get free internet but you do need to get the password from the bar.
I had my evening meal here and the dish I had was fantastic,lovely and hot and the serving team were a credit too the hotel.
I've only given 3 stars because being on the first floor,you could hear noise from the bar.
It's a shame because I really liked this hotel

Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank Yan C
Reviewed 15 November 2013

Over the last month we have eaten here around four time and have never been disappointed twice at lunch & twice for evening meals, the quality of the food is excellent on all occasions and would highly recommend the townhouse for your meal. The staff are really friendly and have a kids corner so the younger ones can play while they wait ( great touch)
Never stayed here but believe its to a high standard also, and if it’s like the food you won’t be disappointed
Will be back for sure 100% must try

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank MadMal79
Reviewed 11 November 2013

Booked a table for meal here and I’m glad I did. Although the booking was put in for the wrong day, and all the tables were booked, the nice young waitress, Shannon, juggled the bookings and we were seated quickly.
Plenty to chose from the menu and we were served with a large portion of Macaroni cheese and a smaller portion for my elderly Mum, sweet chilli beef in a wrap and a whale of a fresh, not frozen, fish, all accompanied with chips and a salad.
The food was very tasty and well presented.
Would recommend a visit, but remember to book a table.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank UnspokenWords
Reviewed 25 September 2013

A lovely room with comfortable, if squeaky, bed. Handy parking, friendly staff & the best porridge I have eaten. Evening meal in the bar was lovely, tasty & well priced. Would recommend if you're in the area.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Watkins4
Reviewed 23 September 2013

We stayed for a night recently and booked this via a hotel search website as we did not know the area and unsure where to stay. The hotel although small has plenty of character and comprises a large open plan dining restaurant and bar on the ground floor and guests take a lift up to the rooms. Our room was on the 2nd floor and was tastefully furnished with solid dark wood furniture and a large comfy double bed and a Velux roof window. There was a good size en-suite and plenty of hanging and drawer space. There was small portable electric fan and complimentary tea, coffe and bottled water provided. The hotel is right on the main street and as it was a weekend evening, we got parked on the street outside, otherwise it would have been parking in a public car park nearby. We had a meal in the restaurant which was absolutely first class and also had a cooked breakfast - also faultless. The staff were some of the nicest and most helpful we have come across and by what we saw, the restaurant was fully booked and obviously very popular.The room itself was not huge and as we had a light bulb out, it made it a little bit gloomy. I know it is picky, but we couldn't get connected to their free wi-fi and the shower although nice and hot was a bit weak. That said, overall, I would defintely stay there and had an enjoyable stay.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank John M
Reviewed 14 September 2013 via mobile

Visited Thursday 15th August.
My wife and I went for 2 for 1 Fajitas as advertised. Food was incredible value and was delivered to us promptly considering all tables were full and staff were having to turn people away (a likely first in Arbroath)
The very tasty fajitas were followed up with homemade cheesecake which was the best I have ever tasted!
Staff attentive but not intrusive.
The tall guy who welcomed us at the door shuffled the bookings in order to find us a table which was appriciated.
Will return and soon!

• Stayed: August 2013
Also consider these accommodations in or near Arbroath
Carnoustie Golf Course Hotel
#1 of 1 in Edzell
Blairdene Guest House
Blairdene Guest House
#13 of 22 in Arbroath

Been to The Town House Hotel Arbroath? Share your experiences!