“great stay. excellent location”

The Town House Hotel Arbroath
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Arbroath
scotland
“great stay. excellent location”
Reviewed 2 October 2010

We stayed over on 29th September. Really good location being so near the town. Excellent room and huge comfy bed. Good breakfast and service was first class.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Naas, Ireland
Reviewed 28 September 2010

Great place staff couldn't be more helpful. Clean rooms and nice bar, only down side was lack of water pressure in the shower, a minor black mark.

• Stayed September 2010
Lincoln, United Kingdom
Reviewed 24 August 2010

My wife and I had a two night stay at Ogston's Hotel on the High Street in Arbroath on Wednesday and Thursday last week; had we known of it earlier our stay would have been longer.We were making a nostalgic visit to Arbroath from Lincoln and travelling by rail,so to find such a great place to stay right in the centre of town and therefore walking distance from the Rail Station and Harbour etc.was fantastic.
Our room on the first floor was unfussy and smart,tastefully decorated and very well equipt.We had a good breakfast both mornings which offered a great choice,even including haggis.
In our all too short a stay we came in contact with quite a few staff members and from booking-in to leaving none could be faulted for their friendly attentiveness and service.
At the price of hardly more than the room only rate of any of the large motel chains we felt more than satisfied with the value
Friends who live in Arbroath but had never used the hotels popular Cafe Bar,joined us for coffee just before we caught the train home and they also were impressed by the friendly service and atmosphere.
We can certainly recommend the hotel and on future visits to Arbroath,Ogston's will be our first choice.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled as a couple
Angus
Reviewed 6 July 2010

I travel for business and require to stay in Arbroath monthly for one/two nights unfotunately my regular boutique b&b was fully booked so gave Ogstons a try. Booked and paid online staff were polite and I was given room number 1. Room was lovely as per the photos on their webstie. As a business traveller I require internet access and this is where Ogstons really let me down their internet connection was of no use in the room or the bar area and this for me means I could never re book as this was a massive inconvenience, staff were polite enough in trying to help but I was told "oh not this again" so this is obviously a common occurance. Unfortunately due to this internet problem I was not able to stay for breakfast as I had to get to the office so I cannot comement on the food. I think considering this is a new hotel out to impress it would have been nice to have at least been offered maybe a free meal or something to show the inconvenience I had been put under.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled on business
2 Thank AGRAuto
Also consider these accommodations in or near Arbroath
Corner Hotel
Best Western Dundee Woodlands Hotel
Blairdene Guest House
Blairdene Guest House
#14 of 22 in Arbroath

Been to The Town House Hotel Arbroath? Share your experiences!