“Enjoyable Stay” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Rosely Country House Hotel

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Arbroath
The Rosely Country House Hotel
Ranked #12 of 25 Arbroath B&B and Inns
“Enjoyable Stay”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 June 2014 via mobile

Hotel is run by mother and daughter who do a excellent job of running the hotel. Rooms are a little basic but clean. We were there for four nights and they did everything they could to make our stay enjoyable. Would recommend this hotel to anyone who likes peace an quiet.

Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
Bexz, Manager at The Rosely Country House Hotel, responded to this review, 17 September 2014
Thank you so much for the great review Philip, we are so happy you enjoyed your stay here.
The rooms are a little basic and we are now in the process of freshening them up which is great.

Carola and Rebecca

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Tewkesbury, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 June 2014

A very clean friendly establishment Good Food nice bar would use again
Has plenty of character great place to unwind in peace and quite
Due to my late arrival they provided me a great meal and on completion of my meal took the time to sit and chat the bar is well stocked and not over priced.
Breakfast is provided to the same high standard as the evening meal plenty of hot toast and hot coffee and a great full english.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank David H
We are so happy you enjoyed your stay David, thank you so much for the great review.

Shotts, N. Lanarkshire
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 June 2014

Having looked at the Hotel site, it looked the ideal location for a 2 day stop.
First impressions count.
The drive into the hotel and the hotel itself looked good.
As I parked, I was greeted by a young lady pushing a wheel barrow and noted another woman working on the garden.
Walking into the Hotel entrance, my heart sank.
Piled on the right was a long row of cut up wood for a burner in black dustbins with dust all around it, the paintwork was drab and pealing, floor tiles cracked.
OK ! check out the bedroom.
Spacious bedroom, floor had been hoovered, but no high dusting had been done. The bed had a candlewick covering and sleeping on a concrete floor, would describe the mattress. The Baby Cot in the room is totally illegal for modern use. A large stain in the centre of the carpet was easily noticed. The curtains were close to falling apart, rather threadbare. The bathroom was clean and serviceable, clean towels. The Soap was so small, that only one person could use it. Tea & Coffee was supplied, however, no stock rotation has been carried out, there was no taste to the tea bags (very old), the sugar was a solid lump, the Coffee sachets were OK. No milk sachets and our neighbour asked for milk, but had to go out and buy some.
I asked for a set of sandwiches at around 3.30pm, I was declined, the cook was not available until 6pm - they were working on the garden is why.
The next morning, I came down early for a smoke break outside and chatted with some Golfers.
At breakfast, I had another shock
It was Tea or Coffee, Toast but no asking if white or brown, Cooked breakfast or Cereal - which was just two children's cereals, packets of fresh orange juice from Tesco, still in cartons. The cooked breakfast would suit a pre-teenage child, certainly not enough for a grown man. Three Wooden trestle tables were set up in the centre of the room. One of my party checked the rough looking seats and found them to be covered in dust.
The serving staff arrived, the young lady had changed from the previous afternoon, but the older lady still wore the same clothes she had on doing garden work the previous day.
Breakfast the next morning was far better, only my party there, 4 of us, the breakfast had two fried eggs this time.

Having served 12 years as a Hotel Troubleshooting Manager, my overall impression is:-
This is a very poorly run Bed & Breakfast, run in a Farm style operation.
The hotel needs a lot of money and tentative care, a management that knows how to operate a Hotel.

Members of my party staying there, will never use this facility again and I shall not recommend it to my Future Commando Reunions again.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Bexz, Manager at The Rosely Country House Hotel, responded to this review, 19 September 2014
Thank you for your review.
We have taken all your points into consideration so thank you for bringing them to our attention.

Aberdeen, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 January 2014

I stayed in the Rosely in August 2013 and had no hesitation in booking it again when I ventured back to Arbroath recently. It has a wonderful old fashioned quirky charm which I really enjoy and which is so hard to find nowadays. There is very little which is hi-tech or in the least bit modern about this place, it's a little tatty round the edges but us clean and comfortable. The entrance hallway is grand with high ceilings and large ornate mirrors adorn the walls. My room was a good size with an old wooden double bed piled up with blankets and cozy quilts. Being quite tall I found the length of the bed was too short so had to sleep diagonally! (people were generally shorter in the era when those beds were made). The shower looked like it had been installed in the seventies but worked perfectly well. Tea and coffee (and a jug of fresh milk) was provided in the room along with some pretty little bone china cups. I didn't eat in the hotel but breakfast is provided and evening meals can be ordered in advance. I love this place, it's good value for money and the staff are cheery and helpful. Oh..and there is wi-fi in the rooms, it's a little erratic but worked well most of the time.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
We are so happy you enjoyed your stay Shirley, thank you for the great review.
We have now started to freshen up the bedrooms and the bar which is great.
Im sorry your bed was too small for you, if you are in the area and decide to stay with us again we will be sure to give you a nice big bed.
Yes the wifi was weaker in certain parts of the hotel so we have now installed boosters which has seemed to have fixed that problem.

Dunfermline, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 October 2013

Stayed here for business for toe weeks. Can't fault it at all lovely people lovely old building and setting, good was great to. Will defiantly use the rosely again when in the area or on business. Will highly recommend the place to anyone for any occasion

• Stayed October 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for your fantastic review Andy, We are so happy you enjoyed your stay and enjoyed our home cooked meals.

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 June 2013

Stopped here whilst on a business trip and so glad I did. I stay in so many dull soulless, chain hotels, they all look and feel the same....boring!
This place certainly wasn't. Like some of the previous reviewers, I certainly didn't find it modern but therein lies the charm! Did make me feel like I was about 11 and staying at my granny's for the night in her 1940,s pad but hey, loved it! Cheery staff had, clean, a good breakfast and the place is certainly "different", would recommend giving it a go!! Ask about the history of the place..fascinating!
The lady offered me an evening meal if I wished but I declined in favour of a wander through the town and that's another story?

• Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for your great review Steve, We are so happy you enjoyed you stay.
We hope to see you again some time.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 May 2013 via mobile

After spending 3 daysin Edinburgh town we fled for open spaces heading for Aberdeen hwvr booked out so we retraced our tread & headed for Perth. Sooo lucky to find this gem. Hospitality. Comfort & ambience. Soo good for the soul. Loved the whole experience of home & green acres. Australians appreciating generosity & comfort.

• Stayed May 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Bexz, Manager at The Rosely Country House Hotel, responded to this review, 18 September 2014
Thank you for your great review Sandy, We are so glad you enjoyed your stay with us and we hope to see you again soon.

Carola and Rebecca
Also consider these accommodations in or near Arbroath
The Town House Hotel Arbroath
#5 of 25 in Arbroath
Kescoweth Bed and Breakfast
Kescoweth Bed and Breakfast
#1 of 2 in Inverkeilor

Been to The Rosely Country House Hotel? Share your experiences!