“Value for money” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Harbour Nights Guest House

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Arbroath
Harbour Nights Guest House
Ranked #2 of 25 Arbroath B&B and Inns
Worcester, United Kingdom
“Value for money”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 September 2013

I stayed at the Harbour Nights with business colleagues, not our usual type of venue but it turned out to be a very good choice. Both Sunita and Bill are friendly and welcoming and the rooms are individually styled in an eclectic manner. I don't sleep well in the usual hotel beds which are of a commercial grade, but the bed at Harbour nights was excellent. This hotel represents good value for money and I would not hesitate to stay again. I recommend anyone looking for a great location (on the harbour front) to stay at Harbour Nights. Thank you and keep up the good work!

Room Tip: Try rooms 2 & 3 for the best views of the harbour.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Alan T

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (90)
Larbert, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 September 2013

Harbour nights is a clean refreshing place to stay Breakfast is excellent ,bill & sunita are perfect hosts a lovely couple & cameron their son is a lovely young man. We cannot fault anything about this guest house we love it and will be back to stay sooner rather than later ,I'm a very fussy person I like everything just so & so this is the place for me . well done yet again.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank LAMONTS191
Motherwell, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 August 2013

I come twice a year to Harbour Nights to stay for two weeks in June. And for another two weeks in August. I recommend this guest house very very highly and of course the hosts are a very important part in that. The owners are Bill and Sunita and they have a son called Cameron, a very well mannered young boy. I must say that they are a lovely, kind, friendly family and very helpful to me. And show great hospitality to all guests who stay for one night or a weekend or longer.

I always book room 3, it is the best room in my opinion. It is en suite in the front of the building with a stunning view over the harbour. With very refreshing flowers growing outside my window. It is a lovely room with lovely pictures on the walls. With a wardrobe and plenty of drawers for my clothes. A large TV is in the room with tea and coffee and biscuits. Also a king size bed with snow white linen and I always get a good night sleep. No wonder I come and stay here for my holidays as it is like a second home to me. And I appreciate the great effort Bill and Sunita make to tend to my needs. I'am provided keys to both my room and the front door to the guest house so I can come and go as I please.

At breakfast in the very clean and lovely dining room. I have fresh country eggs every morning as I do enjoy them very much. The guest house is not far from the bus and railway station. Making it easy to travel to surrounding towns or do a little shopping in Dundee city center if I want. Arbroath is a sunshine town with strong sea air, I should know as I'am 84 and I have been visiting Arbroath for 28 years. And it is great to know that my accommodation is first class and I have nothing to worry about when it comes to that.

I do recommend Harbour Nights for a clean room and a comfortable and clean bed. And I'am assured great food a good atmosphere and a great nights sleep. And for me that is what a good holiday is all about.

I would also like to add that the hosts are very helpful when giving advice on where to visit, and things to see and do. I would highly recommend this place if you plan on visiting the lovely little town of Arbroath, or are just passing through.

Jessie Loftus

Room Tip: Room 3 is the best and has the best view in my opinion.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Jessie L
Front Royal, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 August 2013

My husband and I, along with our teenage daughter, stayed a week at Harbour Nights in Arbroath and thoroughly enjoyed our time at the B&B! The hosts treated us like family and made sure that our every need was met. The rooms are very comfortable, breakfast was delicious (go ahead and try the Arbroath Smokie!) and the location is perfect. I cannot say enough great things about this highly recommended B&B! We definitely hope to make it back in the near future.

Room Tip: Choose a room with a harbour view - you wont regret it!
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 July 2013

Me and my partner stayed at harbour nights in Feb for our birthday. We throughly enjoyed our stay an was made very welcome by Bill and his wife. The breakfast was wonderful an set us up for the day ahead. Our room was comfortable an very nicely decorated with a fantastic view of the harbour. We would recrecommend harbour nights to anyone. We also found Bill to be extremely helpful with places to see an where to go for meals etc. They have a wonderful guest house an made us feel at home. Thank you so much.

• Stayed February 2013
Oslo, Norway
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 July 2013 via mobile

The B&B certainly has the best spot in the harbour. The view is indeed very nice from the rooms facing the harbour. Bill and his kind wife is the perfect hosts. The lack of ensuite bathrooms is one issue though. And all the anoying messages about not to steal or take anything from the rooms. They almost made me want to steal, at least a pen, just to anoy the sender of such messages.

• Stayed July 2013
1 Thank Ernst L
harbournights, Manager at Harbour Nights Guest House, responded to this review, 22 July 2013
Thank you for your review. Why? Do you feel that there is an issue with our en-suites, you were given the room you that you had booked with an en-suite WC and wash hand basin, with the shower directly outside your room, This was fully explained to you at the time of booking, If you thought this was an issue perhaps you should not have booked this particular room. As for your comments regarding notices, I have no idea what notices you are referring to, as there are no such notices anywhere in our Guest House, other than a “comical” phrase on our pens saying “This pen has been Stolen from Harbour Nights Guest House”, which to us and anyone with a sense of humour, would understand that it is a form of advertising, We lose/give away approximately 3-400 pens per year. I suppose as you are a senior reviewer you have felt compelled to moan about something whether factual or not. Or perhaps your points were lost in translation ?
Bill Adam

Manager
Birmingham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 July 2013

Our 2 night stay at Harour Nights was wonderful, and very enjoyable.
we couldn't have asked for more. Bill and Sunita were great hosts, and very nice people to have met. We stayed in room 3, which was so very nice, huge comfy bed and a fantastic view out to the harbour.
would recommend to anyone.

Room Tip: Room 3 has a wonderful Harbour view with binoculars provided too.
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank deb183
Also consider these accommodations in or near Arbroath
The Town House Hotel Arbroath
Apex City Quay Hotel & Spa
Blairdene Guest House
Blairdene Guest House
#13 of 25 in Arbroath

Been to Harbour Nights Guest House? Share your experiences!