Harbour Nights Guest House
Carnoustie Golf Course Hotel(Carnoustie)(Great Value!)
US$165
  • Restaurant
Priceline
Bamse B&B(Montrose)
TripAdvisor
All reviewsguest housefrench toastfirst classhis wifegreat hostslovely viewlovely roomwarm welcomeat short noticeshower roombreakfast was delicioussea viewcooked to perfectionshort staylook no furtherlovely placelittle gem
Reviewed 27 July 2014

From our telephone booking to checking out nothing could be bettered. Bill and Sunita are welcoming, kind, friendly and professional. We were going to a wedding and running out of time. We asked if there was somewhere close to grab something to eat. Bill's solution was to provide us with delicious smokies, poached eggs and toast in our room. Nothing was too much trouble for this lovely couple. As for the accommodation - it's delightful. A wonderful location right at the harbour. Everywhere is spotless and our room (2) was beautiful and very comfortable. Breakfast was special. Quality ingredients and cooked to perfection. I thought it was a good idea to offer a smaller portion of the full breakfast. Bill spotted that I was slightly hungover and without me having to ask brought me a jug of orange juice! I wish them all the very best for their future. They deserve it.

Room Tip: I am sure all the rooms are lovely. We stayed in room 2 with a view over the harbour.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 July 2014

Clean rooms ,helpful staff, great breakfasts, close to harbor for sightseeing and high street, pubs and fish shops, Binoculars in room to look over the harbor, Basicly every thing is within walking distance

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 17 July 2014

When looking at at staying in the local area of Arbroath and where to stay there isn't a great abundance of places to look at, all in all about 3 places I think. We were going to a wedding in Monikie so it was either Dundee or Arbroath. We chose Harbour nights in Arbroath. We couldn't get a sea facing room which was a shame, but no an issue for us. It's a quaint little harbour with a great fish and chip shop (Marcos I think). The B and B is a bit quirky, nice rooms, good size shower room, nice bed, tea, coffee, kettle etc in the rooms. It included breakfast but was to hung over to get up for it so I can't comment. The people who run the b an b Bill and Sunita were nice people, had a good chat about the area and a good bit of banter up there. For what we needed, the value for money was good, it was somewhere different for us so we enjoyed it. If I was in the area against d needed somewhere to stay I possibly couldn't think of anywhere else to stay apart from there.

Stayed: May 2014
Reviewed 16 July 2014

My husband and I know this area well. We're going there to live and wanted to do a visit. We'd always seen this beautiful BnB Guest House, but only passing by. This time, we both wanted to check it out and stay for the night. It was a wonderful stay! Everything was clean! The owner Bill was so hospitable! We enjoyed a fabulous breakfast of fresh Arbroath Smokies - yum! Definitely check out this historical intriguing place!

Room Tip: They are all good!
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 July 2014

My husband and I were in Arbroath for a wedding at Guthrie Castle 17 minutes drive away. I was a little concerned about noise as the guest house is situated directly opposite the marina, but my concerns were completely unfounded. Our spotlessly clean en suite room overlooked the harbour, but we were never disturbed neither in the evening nor in the morning. The bed was extremely comfortable. Having binoculars in the room to look out to sea was a fun bonus. Bill and Sunita were friendly, pleasant and helpful at all times. The cooked breakfast was delicious and plentiful...I especially enjoyed the Arbroath Smokie. Situated on the marina close to the Tourist Information Office, it's a few minutes walk away from the high street and approx 15 minutes walk to Arbroath Abbey. There's also a stunning walk along the cliff tops close by. A great short stay in Arbroath.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple