“The Icing on the cake”

The Old Vicarage B & B
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Arbroath
The Old Vicarage B & B
Ranked #7 of 22 Arbroath B&B and Inns
ibiza, Spain
“The Icing on the cake”
Reviewed 15 June 2012

I booked in at the last minute for a service reunion in the area and was greeted by Loris in a most friendly and professional manner. Their spotless home combines all you need with the feeling of a Scottish manse, it's decor is immaculate and very "Highland", the attention lavished on me was second to none and my only regret is that I had hardly any time to savour this lovely warm and friendly house. Next time I shall diet in advance as Loris would not take no for an answer and forced me to eat a proper Arbroath breakfast! I'd forgotten just how mouth-watering smokies are.
Many thanks to Mike and Loris for not only making my stay memorable but for also sending my forgotten clothes on to me at no extra charge, other than the packaging. Truly decent nice people. Andy Shaw

• Stayed June 2012, travelled on business
arbr0athlassie_12, Owner at The Old Vicarage B & B, responded to this review, 22 September 2014
Thank you for your lovely feedback. I look forward to welcoming you back into our home.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Elgin, United Kingdom
Reviewed 11 June 2012

Booked up a year in advance and was not disappointed. kept up to date with booking up until our trip and a warm and friendly welcome was waiting when we arrived. Spacious en-suite room and a great breakfast to set you up for the day.
If you are visiting Angus it is well worth a stay.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with friends
Thank you very much for your feed back and recommendation. Delighted that you enjoyed your stay.
Petersfield, United Kingdom
Reviewed 18 May 2012

We have stayed with Loris & Mike on several occasions over the past few years when we visit Arbroath to visit family and would definitely recommend the Old Vicarage. Nothing is too much trouble and you are made to feel very welcome. The house is not only clean but full of character. It is also within walking distance from the town and harbour front. We have booked our next visit for later in the year. Denise & Bruce

• Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank DeeBru
Thanks so much for your lovely feedback and I am so glad that you keep on returning to stay in my home. Look forward to your next visit in October 2014
Wakefield, United Kingdom
Reviewed 15 May 2012

This has been our third stay with Loris & Mike in Arbroath. Their home is facinating full of the most amazing items. The Vicarage is spotless and all the rooms are very well equiped including the little items that make the stay trouble free.The breakfast is second to none l feel sure if Loris had guests with special dietry requirements she would try to accommodate them.l only hope that they will have vacancies when we next visit Arbroath.

Room Tip: Book early!
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
Thank you for your wonderful feedback and I am glad that you keep returning to my home. I look forward to visit number 4
Wellingborough, United Kingdom
Reviewed 1 April 2012

Very warm welcome from Loris and helpful advice as soon as we arrived on various places to obtain family history information. Also lots of recommendations throughout our stay for things to do & see and where to eat, all of which turned our trip to Arbroath into a super holiday. Our room was spacious & comfortable, well-furnished and equipped - you can't beat a bone china tea set for your early morning cuppa! The Old Vicarage is filled with so many quaint & quirky collectables and antiques - a really interesting home. Breakfasts were second to none - from fresh fruit salad to home-made fruit loaf & preserves, from cereals & fruit juice to Arbroath smokies & hot-smoked salmon with scrambled egg to the full Scottish breakfast - phew! Impossible not to put on weight, as we both did. If ever we manage another trip up to Arbroath the Old Vicarage will be our first choice. First class accommodation, first class welcome, first class food!

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
Thank you so much for your wonderful feedback and delighted that you enjoyed your stay so much. I would love to welcome you back into my home if you are ever back in this area again.
Many thanks
Reviewed 17 February 2012

Myself and my girlfriend stayed recently and was greated by a very nice and accomidating lady. She made us feel so welcome and at ease from the second we met. Her knowledge of the area was so helpful and anywhere she suggested she was spot on. The room and house are truly breathtaking. We stayed in a room with a view of the abbey which just mafe it even better , if possible. The breakfast was amaizing and of course I had the smokie but that is not that is all that is up for grabs, my girlfriend isnt a lover of fish and she had lots to choose from on the menu. We cant say anything negative honestlyits just lovely. We wish the owners all the best for the future and we will be back no doubt. Just try and stop us haha.

• Stayed January 2012
I am so glad that you had a wonderful stay in my home. Thank you for your feedback which praised my B&B so highly. I look forward to welcoming you back.
Nottingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 17 January 2012

This was our third stay at the Old Vicarage in Arbroath Scotland. We love it! The house is amazing - the room we stay in is lovely. It's clean, extremely comfortable and Loris always ensures we have everything we need. Even an ironing board and iron ... nothing is too much trouble.

Breakfast will set you up for the day. The food is all fresh, home made preserves, full English or Scottish breakfast, fish, fresh fruit, cereals - definitely five star.

The location is good, just a short walk into to Arbroath town and the harbour (10-15 mins). We hope to visit Arbroath again next January and will be staying at the Old Vicarage!

• Stayed January 2012, travelled with family
Thank you so much for your lovely feed back. I look forward to your 5th visit in October 2014.