“A great respite during our travels”

The Old Vicarage B & B
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Arbroath
The Old Vicarage B & B
Ranked #6 of 25 Arbroath B&B and Inns
Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
“A great respite during our travels”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 September 2012

My wife and I were visiting relatives who I had not seen in 40 years. Having travelled from Australia via stopovers in Paris, Brest and London, we were in need of a respite, and not wanting to put our relatives out, we spent three nights with Loris & Mike at their B & B --The Old Vicarage. If you are into Victorian charm, then this B & B has that in spades. Our room had two ensuites .... one small and one large, and was extremely comfortable.

Breakfasts were a highlight, with ours ranging from an Arbroath Smokie to a full Scottish breakfast, accompanied by home made conserves and cakes. Loris sure cooks up a storm for guests at breakfast-time. The only downside for us was the strict 5:00 pm check-in. However, once we realised that a B & B has one full-time member of staff, it made sense. If not for this check-in time, Loris would have no life of her own. In the end it turned out not to be an issue.

Overall, a great B & B added to by Loris booking a High Tea for us to farewell our Scottish side of the family.

Room Tip: None needed.
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Stewart A
arbr0athlassie_12, Owner at The Old Vicarage B & B, responded to this review, 22 September 2012
Thank you very much for your review and I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us. I just wish to clarify the situation regarding arrival time ,which although not an issue with yourself may be misleading to potential guests.
As stated in the email I sent to you and send to other guests as confirmation of a reservation. I specify that arrival time is between 17.00-19.00 hrs However if an arrival time outwith these times is more convenient then only a couple of days notice is required prior to arrival, which then allows me to arrange or rearange shopping times ,appointments etc ensuring that I am here to welcome guests at a time which is convenient for them.
Thank you for choosing our home to come and stay and it was a pleasure to have you stay in our house

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 September 2012

Loris and Mike were so welcoming when my family came to stay. They were friendly and accomodating as one morning we had to leave early and Loris set up juice and food in a small fridge for us. Loris even washed my clothes after I fell in the mud one day. The breakfast was amazing as Loris and Mike were always more then happy to whip up anything, even a traditional Scottish Smokie Breakfast. The rooms were clean, tidy and even had coffee/tea facilities with a fridge for milk and free wifi too. The decor reminds me of Downtown Abbey with personal touches such as family photo's. We really enjoyed our stay in Arbroath as Loris was a tresure trove of so much information about local areas to visit. Their dog Rosie warms to you soon enough but she has no bite to her bark to be honest - very cute dog. I HIGHLY recommend their B&B to anyone travelling in and around Arbroath !!!

• Stayed August 2012
arbr0athlassie_12, Manager at The Old Vicarage B & B, responded to this review, 22 September 2014
Thank you for your wonderful review and I thank you for choosing my home for your stay. I was touched by your feedback, it was lovely to hear my home being described as Downton Abbey.
I am really glad that you had a lovely stay.
Lichfield, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 July 2012

From the minute we arrived, Loris looked after us like part of the family! She even booked an evening meal by phone for us at our favourite Restaurant The But n Ben! The breakfasts were so big we didnt need to eat until the evening. What a lovely home so full of character and our room was spacious and the bed very comfortable. The little extras like putting the light on over the bed for our return in the evening and fresh milk in a fridge in the bedroom were so thoughtful. Will definitely be going again.

Room Tip: Room at the back overlooked the Abbey and was nice and quiet
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
arbr0athlassie_12, Owner at The Old Vicarage B & B, responded to this review, 22 September 2014
Thank you very much for your highly complimentary feedback. I look forward to welcoming you back to my home in the future.
ibiza, Spain
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 June 2012

I booked in at the last minute for a service reunion in the area and was greeted by Loris in a most friendly and professional manner. Their spotless home combines all you need with the feeling of a Scottish manse, it's decor is immaculate and very "Highland", the attention lavished on me was second to none and my only regret is that I had hardly any time to savour this lovely warm and friendly house. Next time I shall diet in advance as Loris would not take no for an answer and forced me to eat a proper Arbroath breakfast! I'd forgotten just how mouth-watering smokies are.
Many thanks to Mike and Loris for not only making my stay memorable but for also sending my forgotten clothes on to me at no extra charge, other than the packaging. Truly decent nice people. Andy Shaw

• Stayed June 2012, travelled on business
Thank you for your lovely feedback. I look forward to welcoming you back into our home.
Elgin, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 June 2012

Booked up a year in advance and was not disappointed. kept up to date with booking up until our trip and a warm and friendly welcome was waiting when we arrived. Spacious en-suite room and a great breakfast to set you up for the day.
If you are visiting Angus it is well worth a stay.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with friends
Thank you very much for your feed back and recommendation. Delighted that you enjoyed your stay.
Petersfield, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 May 2012

We have stayed with Loris & Mike on several occasions over the past few years when we visit Arbroath to visit family and would definitely recommend the Old Vicarage. Nothing is too much trouble and you are made to feel very welcome. The house is not only clean but full of character. It is also within walking distance from the town and harbour front. We have booked our next visit for later in the year. Denise & Bruce

• Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank DeeBru
Thanks so much for your lovely feedback and I am so glad that you keep on returning to stay in my home. Look forward to your next visit in October 2014
Wakefield, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 May 2012

This has been our third stay with Loris & Mike in Arbroath. Their home is facinating full of the most amazing items. The Vicarage is spotless and all the rooms are very well equiped including the little items that make the stay trouble free.The breakfast is second to none l feel sure if Loris had guests with special dietry requirements she would try to accommodate them.l only hope that they will have vacancies when we next visit Arbroath.

Room Tip: Book early!
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
Thank you for your wonderful feedback and I am glad that you keep returning to my home. I look forward to visit number 4