Kinloch Arms Hotel
Carnoustie Golf Course Hotel(Carnoustie)(Great Value!)
US$165
US$98
Corner Hotel(Carnoustie)
US$93
US$90
US$85
US$532
Premier Inn Dundee East Hotel(Dundee)(Great Value!)
US$85
US$128
US$91
  • Breakfast included
US$102
All reviewshigh teadecent showermorning staffan evening mealsteak piewould stay here againboth nightshaggisfirst classrevampportions
Reviewed 16 September 2013

This is the second time we have had high tea at the Kinloch Arms and we were not disappointed on either visit.

Huge portions of home made steak pie and a lovely steak cooked to perfection. Plenty of toast but no pancakes or scones on the second visit but as we were almost at the end of service were delighted with the vast array of cakes (some of which went home in a box!).

Staff were delightful and very helpful. Only downside was the payment machine wasn`t working, but cash to the rescue and all was well.

Room Tip: We did not stay over, only ate in the restaurant, but have taken brochures to pass on to others looking for quality accommodation and good food when they are working in the area. Large free carpark to rear and rear entrance to the bar.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 27 May 2013

I stayed here for 1 night in May. The bar is a popular place with the locals but not noisy. The staff are friendly and helpful. The room was comfortable . The only problem I had with the room was that I needed assistance to close the window. This was due to needing to press a button on the window mechanism in order to close it. The hotel currently does not take credit cards but this is soon to change. The breakfast was good .

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank jackgr
Reviewed 2 January 2013

I along with my family, ten of us altogether had lunch today in the Kinloch Arms Hotel in Carnoustie. It has been a few years since we were last here and we were all very pleasantly surprised. Looks like the hotel has been refurbished recently and it was nice sitting in lovely surroundings. The food was excellent and reasonably priced and the service was also first class. We would definitely recommend this establishment and we will be visiting again!

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank lozash
Reviewed 29 December 2012

Very happy with this hotel - comfortable, clean room; lively crowd in the bar; a bartender who was very helpful (I didn't have a UK charger for my BlackBerry and he managed to find one to lend me for long enough to get back in touch with the world); and a nice restaurant. I've never been a fan of high tea, and don't think I ordered well that evening. But my husband was very happy with his food. The star attraction, however, was breakfast, with wonderful bacon and eggs. And - right across the street in this small town - was a computer shop with just the adapter I needed. Dundee is within easy reach and the road up the coast to Aberdeen is delightful.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Catherine_Barr
Reviewed 27 December 2012

Had a meal with friends in the restaurant in the Kinloch Arms just before Christmas and couldn't understand why it was so quiet. We had an excellent meal served in attractive surroundings, with a warm, friendly ambience. Food was great, portions generous and service excellent. The owner is making a real effort to deliver a quality product and in my view is succeeding. If you haven't tried it, you don't realise what you are missing. We'll be back - soon!
Derek M