“Lovely Place”

The Station Hotel
Birmingham, United Kingdom
“Lovely Place”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 July 2011

I have stayed here on numerous occasions throughout the year on business and have no complaints about staff or service. Lovely rooms, generous portions of great tasting food for good prices. Staff were at worst, excellent and this can also be said of the locals who are a friendly bunch.

I would highly recommend a stay at the hotel or a meal. In all honesty, you can't go wrong with this place.

Stayed June 2011, travelled on business
3 Thank Brummyboy75

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Scotland
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 June 2011

Had booked in to the restaurant for a celebratory meal for my 70 year old mother who was to be doing a sky dive the next day. We were confronted by a wedding taking place at the hotel and no one to advise us where to sit in the small dining area. After finding a rather irrate waitress, we were then left for quite some time before our order was taken - no drinks order though ..... The starters had arrived and still no drinks order was taken. I then had to find a staff member to oblige - but after a while I again had to ask where the drink were as they still had not been delivered. It was very obvious that we were not as important as the wedding party - even being paying customers - we were made to feel rather an inconvenience.
I sent an email of complaint to the hotel and received no response. I had to phone the hotel to get any feedback. It came as a reply to my email and was rather condescending.
Having run my own hotel for several years, this is certainly not the way I would have liked my guests to leave my establishment, and also not the way I would have dealt with a complaint !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with family
20 Thank ScotlandGalaxy
Cardiff, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 June 2011

I stayed at the Station Hotel for three nights in may on a business trip and I have to say that it was one of the nicest places that I have stayed in. The food and service was excellent - especially the steak pie! Futhermore, the double bedroom that I stayed in was of a very high standard, with a beautiful, clean un-suite. I have stayed in hotels across the country, however nothing beats the nice, warm welcoming characteristics of this family run hotel. All the staff were lovely, food was great and room was clean and comfortable - what more can you ask for!

• Stayed May 2011, travelled on business
2 Thank PeterNicoll_25
Angus
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 May 2011

my wife and I had booked a table for 12noon and when we arrived just prior to the time of course one of the female staff members took us to our reserved seat , She seemed to know what she was doing with the busy time of day bookings . We were welcomed and offered refreshments and ordering of the meal with details of what was on offer as well so a knowledgeble staff member .

The lunch steak pie etc was excellent and we both enjoyed it and the apple tart and custard too was ideal and of the right temperature too ... yes hot !

The staff members were all very kind and helpful and even said Happy birthday to me and a passing chef said hello to us too

• Stayed May 2011, travelled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 April 2011

Great family run hotel. 5 minutes walk to the main street or golf courses. Excellent Value. Private parking. Fantastic local fresh food - the steak pie is world famous. Choice of bars. Great staff.

Room Tip: Try the steak pie or fresh fish from Arbroath
  • Stayed May 2010, travelled as a couple
Sacramento, CA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 September 2009

I just came back from eating at the Station Hotel in Carnoustie, Scotland. It was after 7PM on a Sunday night but the patrons kept coming in to eat. I happened upon the place after turning down high tea for 10 pounds and having the waitress from that restaurant tell me that the Station House is probably what I was looking for. I took her suggestion and it worked out beautifully.
They had a wide menu but the Steak Pie caught my eye because it was a house recommendation I sat in the bar because it was lively that night and ended up talking to the bar tender, patrons as well as the waitresses. it was a very friendly place.
The steak pie arrived hot and steaming with beautiful pieces of meat surrounded by corn, peas and carrots. I choose steak fries as well and they were hot and tasty.
The meat was very tender and just fell apart under my knife. The pie crust was soft and flaky and complemented the steak very well. Overall it was a very good meal for a total of eight pounds.
I would recommend this restaurant to anyone looking for a good menu with a great atmosphere and an attentive staff.

2 Thank Jackrjohnson58
Also consider these accommodations in or near Carnoustie
Carnoustie Golf Course Hotel
Best Western Dundee Woodlands Hotel
19th Hole Hotel
19th Hole Hotel
#1 of 3 in Carnoustie

Been to The Station Hotel? Share your experiences!