“Spot on”

Ranked #4 of 21 Restaurants in Carnoustie
Cuisines: British
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Description: The Corner Hotel Restaurant is a family run establishment open to non-residents. All our food is cooked to order from fresh local ingredients. We also specialise in meals for people with special dietary needs i.E. Celiac which is also cooked to order. . We also cater for birthday, christenings,anniversary etc parties. If you look at out facebook page you will see we also dress our restaurant for small wedding meals at a reasonable cost.
Reviewed 5 August 2014

Had a lovely meal here last night - everything was freshly prepared and delicious. The system is that you place your order in the bar and you are taken through to the dining room when your food is ready. We were warned from the outset that it would take a little while as everything is freshly cooked. However, we didn't feel the wait was too long and we were in a reasonably sized group of seven, with everyone having different things. The staff were extremely friendly and accommodating - although there were plenty of nice options on the children's menu, there was no problem about providing a smaller portion of chicken tikka masala from the adult's menu when this was what my daughter fancied. At the end my son thought he'd left a toy behind and we went back in: one of the waitresses immediately went to check the bins while the other got down on her hands and knees to look. We would definitely eat here again on our next trip to Carnoustie and would have no hesitation in recommending it to others.

2  Thank ScotlandAliH
There are newer reviews for corner hotel restaurant

Reviewed 4 August 2014

had a great meal, staff very friendly and helpfull. would recomend this hotel for meals, although not stayed as live close by the rooms are getting done up and are stunning as got to see one of them, definataly worth concidering,

1  Thank janeferg
Reviewed 4 August 2014

Had an impromptu meal in there last week . Did not eat in the restaurant but in the bar so we could watch the commonwealth games. The food was terrific and home cooked! Pub noisy but very friendly and a friend who stayed here said the staff very very helpful, even lending her a bike to get to the shooting event.

1  Thank bgee123
Reviewed 4 August 2014

Yes, really, this is the Corner Hotels (carols) take on a seafood platter for one! (See pic)
From the sea bass through to the tempura prawns, mussels, scallops, dressed crab, garlic king prawns, prawn cocktail....the list goes on.
Suffice to say it was delicious. Added to that, the excellent, as always, hospitality.
Thank you all at the corner hotel.

1  Thank Craigmur
Reviewed 1 August 2014

This review is split in to the two categories mentioned in my title.

People: My buddy and I went in here because of its high rating on TA after our round at Carnoustie. We were served by a delightful gal in the casual dining area and first told her about the hole in one my buddy had gotten at the course that day. He was beaming because of the happening but we told her about how poorly the course had handled things when we came back to the clubhouse. She took our email and said she would pass things along as she felt this feedback was important even though it wasn't the golf course we were at now. Well, weren't we surprised when by that evening, we had already been contacted by the Golf Services Mgr at Carnoustie to apologize for how the staff had handled things and he then ensured my friend received a letter acknowledging the ace. I know this is a post about the restaurant, but I wanted to give a shout out to the woman who was so genuine and helpful. It made our experience there just all that much better. A truly great, humble human being.

The Food:

I ordered the steak and it was wonderful. The baked potato was huge and fully loaded and everything tasted delicious. I can't find a bad thing to say about the food.

As many other people have said, don't let the look of the place fool you. Classy, friendly people and tasty, comfort food. I would go back without question.

3  Thank crazylegs0664