“Very nice”
Review of FRANCO'S CAFE

FRANCO'S CAFE
Ranked #7 of 22 Restaurants in Carnoustie
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Local Bistro Just Opened Very Nice, Great Food, Reasonably Priced, And Very Nice Family Run Business, Well Worth A Visit, Small Nice Setting And The Sweets Are Amazing, As Is The Food
Reviewed 3 May 2014

Had coffee and amazing cheesecake there. Staff were friendly and nice. A wee bit expensive, but will be returning to try the meals.

1  Thank UnspokenWords

Reviewed 30 April 2014

we were driving through Carnoustie last Sunday and decided to stop for coffee, glad we did the scones were delicious as was the coffee, highly recommend

Reviewed 16 April 2014

We go to Franco's as often as we can. Last visit was a treat by my daughters for Mother's Day. The High Tea menu was excellent as always, there was something to suit all the family's tastes for the main course and lots of toast, tea and cakes to go with them. On normal visits we are working our way through the variety of coffees, other drinks and the huge choice of cheesecakes (heavenly) and other goodies. All the menu options are well cooked and beautifully presented and the staff are so welcoming and helpful. The only downside is we cannot buy our own bottles the unique salad dressing made by the chef to their secret recipe, so tasty! Any one who finds themselves in Carnoustie during the Cafe's opening hours could do no better than drop in for a snack at least.

1  Thank Pauline M
Reviewed 5 April 2014 via mobile

Went for a coffee with a friend but there were no gluten free options for me! Not even a pre-packed biscuit or a bar of chocolate! Staff weren't even apologetic. Very disappointing so won't be back.

3  Thank kat2511
mxrussell, Guest Relations Manager at FRANCO'S CAFE, responded to this reviewResponded 6 April 2014

Hello,

Thanks for your TripAdvisor review. I am concerned to read that you were not happy with your recent trip to Franco's and the lack of gluten free products available for you to order. It really sounds like we've dropped the ball on this occasion and we're truly sorry.

I am really keen to discuss this further with you - maybe you could recommend some gluten free products that we could look into selling in the cafe in the future? If you wouldn't mind sending me a private message via our Facebook page or emailing us francoscafe@yahoo.co.uk I'll look into this further.

Best wishes,
Matthew

Reviewed 21 January 2014

I've tried a number of restaurants in town, and I always come back to Franco's.

The service is great, the menu caters for all tastes and I cannot get enough of the variety of cakes and desserts!

I am happy to recommend Franco's to everyone visiting Carnoustie!