“Perfection! A must stay....” 5 of 5 bubbles

Chapelbank House Hotel & Restaurant
Chapelbank House Hotel & Restaurant
Ranked #4 of 14 Forfar B&B and Inns
Chester, United Kingdom
“Perfection! A must stay....”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 May 2014

Traveling around the country on a weekly basis I get to stay in numerous hotels.
I must say by far this is one of the pleasant stays I've had....right from checking in to checking. Although I only stayed for one night, I could quite happily have stayed for a week.
Great service, lovely friendly staff, nothing was too much for them. The food was superb! Top marks. Will definitely be back again if in the area. Thankyou for a lovely stay!

• Stayed May 2014
1 Thank Cath3089

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
England
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 December 2013

We had booked in for one night for a special visit. We arrived in the middle of a busy lunch session but this was no problem. We were greeted and welcomed in a personal and friendly way . We made it up to our room and it was a most agreeable sight as it was spacious and tasteful. We were told that we could order lunch so down we went and a superb bistro lunch it was. My fishcake was really excellent. We were both well pleased with what we had. . With its excellent location, the hotel made it easy for us to be in the centre of Forfar as we needed. Business done, we returned and enjoyed the comfortable room before we had an evening meal in the Bistro. This was very tasteful indeed and the mezze that we had was really special. Breakfast was served by a charming lady and we found the porridge just as we like it - with honey on the table! This was great value and we were both really pleased. One tip: check that you know how to get to the hotel carpark as Forfar has a one way system and the entrance is at the back of the hotel.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank lookelooke
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 November 2013

I was in the area for a party and found this hotel using trip advisor. The first impressions were not great- I tried to call and book but was put on hold for quite a while then told to call back later. I then managed to book though late rooms quite easily.
On arrival I entered the reception area and had to ring a couple of times for attention before finding staff in the bar to check me in.
Friends of mine had also booked in there- but when they arrived they found out they had been booked in for dinner not a nights stay!
Having moaned about the service I feel I need to point out that everything else in the hotel was great- big room. Clean bathroom. Extra heater if required. Breakfast was nice and tasty...
I would go back.

• Stayed November 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank rebeccaE86
Dundee, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 October 2013

Chapelbank Hotel is just wonderful. Up in Forfar this week visiting friends who recently moved to Forfar. Had lunch here and it was faultless. The staff were warm and welcoming, the food was excellent both in taste and presentation. The lunch deal is excellent value for the quality you get. The restaurant was tastefully decorated and spotlessly clean. Will be back for sure when visiting Forfar again at Christmas.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 September 2013

My wife and I spent one night at the Chapelbank House Hotel and were very happy with the experience. We arrived in the early evening, check in was no problem and later had a lovely meal. The haddock was a large succulent fish perfectly cooked. We had to fill in a form for what we wanted for breakfast. In the morning it was cooked and served singled handed by a very efficient and pleasant girl who gave the impression nothing was to much trouble for her and always a smile on her face The room was very well equipped with a king sized or larger bed coffee making facilities and much more.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Forfar, Scotland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 August 2013

My wife and I have visited here twice now and on both occasions the service was very good, polite and attentive without being over the top. The food, well all I can say is that it was excellent.

Our first visit was to “The Hour” and the menu choice was very good. I had pate followed by haddock and chip which was fresh and lovely. My wife chose the mini mezze followed by chicken breast stuffed with haggis. We both commented that the portions were more than adequate and the food was cooked and served to a very good standard. At £10 each, superb value for money.

We enjoyed ourselves so much, we went back for the “Friday night fish special” My wife decided to have the haddock and chips after our previous visit and she wasn’t disappointed. I chose the place fillet with prawns in garlic butter, beautiful, light and served with new potato's and veg. At £10 per person for a main course made with quality ingredients and to
such a high standard, excellent value again.

You don’t often find a little gem like this on your doorstep, so , if you’re in Forfar, do visit and support a chef who clearly has good ideas and serves lovely, freshly prepared food.

I would highly recommend a visit to Chapelbank House and try the various offers they have. We’re looking forward to our next visit on ‘Surf & Turf Tuesday”

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
Carnoustie, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 August 2013

I have lunched at Chapelbank now on a number of occasions and always find it good. Judging by how full it was i am not alone! Nice menu, well served tasty food at good value. Will certainly visit again.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Also consider these accommodations in or near Forfar
Airlie Arms Hotel
#3 of 6 in Kirriemuir
Lodge at Lochside
Lodge at Lochside
#1 of 6 in Kirriemuir

Been to Chapelbank House Hotel & Restaurant? Share your experiences!