“Pleasant somewhat quirky place”
Review of Strathmore Arms

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Glamis
Strathmore Arms
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Glamis
Oamaru, New Zealand
“Pleasant somewhat quirky place”
Reviewed 22 November 2012

The Strathmore Arms is a small typical UK country hotel, with comfy beds, and a very high standard of cleanlines. but for me, their main assets were their lovely staff, and their very good food. On a recent stay, (where I was alone), I loved coming back from a day at the course to find my single place reserved by the fire, and again in the morning my table with the nut milk I'd purchased and asked the kitchen to keep for me. My room was the somewhat notorious Room 2 which IS above the bar, but this didnt worry me as I never travel without good wax earplugs. Neither should you!

• Stayed November 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank hotelhappy_7

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Berlin, Germany
Reviewed 12 November 2012 via mobile

In response to your some what bias and let's say hurtful review..... Here are some of the facts! Firstly your name is Heather? Correct? An EX employee of The Strathmore Arms who not only experienced a bitter taste of the cheesecake but your personality in general. Your review is one of the most childish and ridiculous I have ever seen, also you need to learn how to spell correctly! "herd"

How dare you speak of Gemma like that! You turned the review into a personal attack! She works extremely hard, has a fantastic rapport with the customers who visit on a regular basis and is well respected amongst the watering staff! Anyone who truly knows her as I do will be thinking exactly the same to what I have written here today! Furthermore...... Your role play "word for word" ...... Sorry, are we in Primary school here??? That is pathetic!!

As for not wishing to return, I am sure the staff that do work there would be most grateful! They are not there to be spoken to in such disrespect! Good day!

Stayed November 2012, travelled solo
4 Thank R0ssyb0y
Reviewed 12 October 2012

Went here with friends, we use To go all the time years ago but went slightly down hill, and so very rarely return. Herd it had got better again so we went for a drink and food. A Friday evening but wasn't overly busy which was good, everything had gone ok, the boys that worked there were very helpful, ordered food arrived, very tasteless. We decided we would share a desert, tried the baked cheesecake, it was so baked the bottom was black and my friend couldn't even cut it! (She's fairly strong) and when we got an older dark haired waitress over the convo went as followed! Friend - 'I'm sorry but this is not eatable as I can't even cut it up, and the top is tasteless, it's clearly burnt. Would it be possible to get something else?' Waitress 'it's not burnt!' Friend- ' well I can't even break the base (demonstration) so it is clearly burnt' waitress- 'it's not burnt' friend - ' clearly it is!' Waitress - ' it's not actually but whatever, do you want something else?' We were in shock, I was very proud of my friend for standing her ground. I felt this women was an absolute bully, who didn't want to be there and should not work with public!! They then proceeded to charge us for the cheesecake instead of the ice cream we actually ate! Will NOT be going back. Warning to all about service and food.

Stayed October 2012, travelled with friends
3 Thank ProTaster S
Leeds, United Kingdom
Reviewed 8 October 2012

We have eaten at the Strathmore Arms a few times over last few years and have always enjoyed good food and good service in a pleasant restaurant. 10 of us ate there on Saturday when it was busy. Extensive menu was well tested and everyone enjoyed their meal. Good food at a very reasonable price for the generous portions and variety. Service was excellent. Highly recommended.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled with family
Dundee, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 September 2012

Excellent food with very generous portions. Massive choice with something for everyone. The lads and lass who attended our table were friendly and very pleasant. Service with a smile which was greatly appreciated. Will definitely return.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank jaydee841
Annapolis, Maryland
Reviewed 23 September 2012 via mobile

This hotel is the only one in Glamis, site of the wonderful Glamis Castle, childhood home of Queen Elizabeth the "Queen Mum". Very convenient for a visit to the castle. We arrived without a reservation and scored a nice room,#1, very quiet. It was Saturday night and the Restaurant, also the only game in town, was booming. We got in only because we were staying there. At first we thought it was going to be a disaster as out server was grossly inattentive, but the manager got on the case quickly, that guy disappeared, and from then on it was a delight. Fish pie and lamb shanks excellent. Breakfast (included) was outstanding.

Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
scotland
Reviewed 23 September 2012

Just had an excellent meal at the Strathmore, Glamis. Extensive menu gave a great choice of food.All members of our party were very satisfied with the quality and quantity of their choice. Service was prompt and helpful. Special thanks to Kate , our primary server,was very friendly and helpful.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank kirpet
Also consider these accommodations in or near Glamis
Airlie Arms Hotel
Guthrie Bed and Breakfast
Tigh Na Leigh
Tigh Na Leigh
#2 of 4 in Alyth

Been to Strathmore Arms? Share your experiences!