“Homely friendly and enjoyable place to stay”
Review of Strathmore Arms

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Glamis
Strathmore Arms
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Glamis
Reviewed 21 January 2013

We are three crane drivers working in the area the staff here are so friendly and helpfull the rooms are spacious and warm the food is amazing and very well priced this is some where I would love to return to one day with my family it really is a great place to stay

• Stayed: January 2013
3  Thank Johnnyblaze900

Reviewed 9 January 2013

The Strathmore is a half-way meeting place for my sister and myself, and our pre-Christmas lunch was excellent. My only slight quibble might be that there was no traditional Christmas meal offered - but would I have chosen the turkey anyway when I was spoiled for choice for both starter and main course? I doubt it. A delicious deep-fried (but not greasy) goats cheese starter was followed by a Strathmore favourite - braised venison. I cleared my plate with the exception of the slightly over sweet (to my taste) red cabbage. Unfortunately, neither of us had any room left for dessert, although there were some tempting choices. This was a major catch-up, and as always, there was no pressure to leave, and we lingered long over our coffee....needless to say, we'll be back.

Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 22 November 2012

The Strathmore Arms is a small typical UK country hotel, with comfy beds, and a very high standard of cleanlines. but for me, their main assets were their lovely staff, and their very good food. On a recent stay, (where I was alone), I loved coming back from a day at the course to find my single place reserved by the fire, and again in the morning my table with the nut milk I'd purchased and asked the kitchen to keep for me. My room was the somewhat notorious Room 2 which IS above the bar, but this didnt worry me as I never travel without good wax earplugs. Neither should you!

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank hotelhappy_7
Reviewed 12 November 2012

In response to your some what bias and let's say hurtful review..... Here are some of the facts! Firstly your name is Heather? Correct? An EX employee of The Strathmore Arms who not only experienced a bitter taste of the cheesecake but your personality in general. Your review is one of the most childish and ridiculous I have ever seen, also you need to learn how to spell correctly! "herd"

How dare you speak of Gemma like that! You turned the review into a personal attack! She works extremely hard, has a fantastic rapport with the customers who visit on a regular basis and is well respected amongst the watering staff! Anyone who truly knows her as I do will be thinking exactly the same to what I have written here today! Furthermore...... Your role play "word for word" ...... Sorry, are we in Primary school here??? That is pathetic!!

As for not wishing to return, I am sure the staff that do work there would be most grateful! They are not there to be spoken to in such disrespect! Good day!

Stayed: November 2012, travelled solo
4  Thank R0ssyb0y
Reviewed 12 October 2012

Went here with friends, we use To go all the time years ago but went slightly down hill, and so very rarely return. Herd it had got better again so we went for a drink and food. A Friday evening but wasn't overly busy which was good, everything had gone ok, the boys that worked there were very helpful, ordered food arrived, very tasteless. We decided we would share a desert, tried the baked cheesecake, it was so baked the bottom was black and my friend couldn't even cut it! (She's fairly strong) and when we got an older dark haired waitress over the convo went as followed! Friend - 'I'm sorry but this is not eatable as I can't even cut it up, and the top is tasteless, it's clearly burnt. Would it be possible to get something else?' Waitress 'it's not burnt!' Friend- ' well I can't even break the base (demonstration) so it is clearly burnt' waitress- 'it's not burnt' friend - ' clearly it is!' Waitress - ' it's not actually but whatever, do you want something else?' We were in shock, I was very proud of my friend for standing her ground. I felt this women was an absolute bully, who didn't want to be there and should not work with public!! They then proceeded to charge us for the cheesecake instead of the ice cream we actually ate! Will NOT be going back. Warning to all about service and food.

Stayed: October 2012, travelled with friends
3  Thank ProTaster S
Reviewed 8 October 2012

We have eaten at the Strathmore Arms a few times over last few years and have always enjoyed good food and good service in a pleasant restaurant. 10 of us ate there on Saturday when it was busy. Extensive menu was well tested and everyone enjoyed their meal. Good food at a very reasonable price for the generous portions and variety. Service was excellent. Highly recommended.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 27 September 2012

Excellent food with very generous portions. Massive choice with something for everyone. The lads and lass who attended our table were friendly and very pleasant. Service with a smile which was greatly appreciated. Will definitely return.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank jaydee841
Also consider these accommodations in or near Glamis
Lands of Loyal Hotel
#1 of 5 in Blairgowrie
Alyth Hotel
Alyth Hotel
#1 of 4 in Alyth

Been to Strathmore Arms? Share your experiences!