“cosy. friendly and excellent food”
Review of Strathmore Arms

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Glamis
Strathmore Arms
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Glamis
Dundee, United Kingdom
“cosy. friendly and excellent food”
Reviewed 6 April 2013

Visited here a few times and have always found it cosy.. friendly... and food very good there is a good selection on menu loved the steak pie other enjoyed the salmon ..there was a real coal fire blazing in the lounge which made it really cosy to enjoy our meal....There is also a little area if you just want a coffee or drink..good value and friendly staff.. you have to drive into the villiage of glamis and its just up from the castle gates...

• Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank marybill003

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Dundee, United Kingdom
Reviewed 2 April 2013

Four of us had lunch at the Strathmore Arms Hotel. It was a cold day but the fire was on and there was a cosy feel to the place. We were attended to immediately by a young gentleman with a big smile. We all agreed that the food was delicious and the service excellent. We will all be returning very soon.

One very small thing though - I think the appearance of the menus could be improved - bit curled up at the edges.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with friends
Angus
Reviewed 3 March 2013

My wife and I decided to try again this Glamis hotel for lunch as we have been doing our rounds with the other hotels etc for lunches and we want to give each a shot at having our trade . On a Nice sunny warm day on 1st March we arrived early than noon but we were given a wonderful welcome by your staff as usual and she took us to a table and gave us an order for soft drinks and they arrived soon after then we did the order for the meal .
I asked the staff member why does the Hotel have Prawns from Norway and not the ones from our Scottish Coasts and she said that it was costs but surely the hotel can get the Scottish Prawns at a better price and put them on the menu for the Strathmore Arms Hotel in Glamis ? Surely Scottish fish is better than buying from afar ?

Also the menu seems old and looks old too when it is brought out to the customers ? Maybe a change in the menu too might help

• Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
Windsor, United Kingdom
Reviewed 2 March 2013 via mobile

Have been here several times for food and drink. This time just for a drink after a fun filled muddy walk. We drink real ale and are always disappointed with the beer on tap here. They are local beers,but they are tasteless. I wish they were better as there is no other place to go for miles for a decent pint. Also the bar area is not large enough once the tables start filling with people wanting food. The tables are always reserved so there is nowhere to sit. Also the bar service can be slow. They seem to mostly have something else to do other than looking to see if you require a top up... Will go back as there is nowhere else to go. Just hope they take note, and look after the bar customers not just the diners.

Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank landluver
Reviewed 21 January 2013

We are three crane drivers working in the area the staff here are so friendly and helpfull the rooms are spacious and warm the food is amazing and very well priced this is some where I would love to return to one day with my family it really is a great place to stay

• Stayed January 2013
3 Thank Johnnyblaze900
Reviewed 9 January 2013

The Strathmore is a half-way meeting place for my sister and myself, and our pre-Christmas lunch was excellent. My only slight quibble might be that there was no traditional Christmas meal offered - but would I have chosen the turkey anyway when I was spoiled for choice for both starter and main course? I doubt it. A delicious deep-fried (but not greasy) goats cheese starter was followed by a Strathmore favourite - braised venison. I cleared my plate with the exception of the slightly over sweet (to my taste) red cabbage. Unfortunately, neither of us had any room left for dessert, although there were some tempting choices. This was a major catch-up, and as always, there was no pressure to leave, and we lingered long over our coffee....needless to say, we'll be back.

Stayed December 2012, travelled with family
Oamaru, New Zealand
Reviewed 22 November 2012

The Strathmore Arms is a small typical UK country hotel, with comfy beds, and a very high standard of cleanlines. but for me, their main assets were their lovely staff, and their very good food. On a recent stay, (where I was alone), I loved coming back from a day at the course to find my single place reserved by the fire, and again in the morning my table with the nut milk I'd purchased and asked the kitchen to keep for me. My room was the somewhat notorious Room 2 which IS above the bar, but this didnt worry me as I never travel without good wax earplugs. Neither should you!

• Stayed November 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank hotelhappy_7
Also consider these accommodations in or near Glamis
Airlie Arms Hotel
#1 of 6 in Kirriemuir
Church House B & B
Church House B & B
#2 of 6 in Kirriemuir

Been to Strathmore Arms? Share your experiences!