“Hidden Gem”

Ranked #36 of 55 Restaurants in Montrose
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 16 August 2014

What a great place this is, cannot fault it in any way!! The service, choice and the food was first class, highly recommended.

Reviewed 11 August 2014

I had heard that the 'bervie chipper' in Inverbervie was a decent fish and chip shop so after a visit to Dunnottar Castle myself my partner and my daughter decided to have some fish and chips. My first impression was shock at the price as it was a pound more expensive than any other fish and chip ship I have visited. The staff were somewhat unfriendly when I said I thought the price was a bit steep. The fish and chips themselves were a real let down. The fish was spongy and gooey. The batter like nothing I have seen before and the chips appeared to be re-heated. But worst of all was the smell of old cooking oil. When we took our fish and chips back to complain the manager was extremely unhelpful. He stated that we were not getting our money back and offered no alternative telling us not to come back if we were not happy. Shocking customer service and I will most certainly heed his advice and not go back and I suggest that anyone who reads this post does likewise.

1  Thank eileen766
Reviewed 9 August 2014

My grandparents used to take me here every other weekend while visiting their Caravan, but I can honestly say after tonight's experience, I for one will not be back. To put it simply, I have had better quality in my Own Kitchen from Tesco. The batter was horrid, and the fish, which used to melt in my mouth as a child almost had a rubbery texture. Put even more simply I shall never waste my petrol or time visiting here again.

2  Thank Wendy S
Reviewed 8 August 2014

This chipper is a family favorite. We dine here ever visit to the Scottish east coast. Service is quick, fish delicious, and service with a true Scottish smile and patter!

Reviewed 6 August 2014

This place is my childhood favorite and famous for a reason. Dont miss out on this great chip shop. Only wish it was open at lunchtime and breakfast