“Worst hotel”

Craigard House Hotel
Ranked #8 of 19 Campbeltown B&B and Inns
Reviewed 23 January 2014 via mobile

I have no time to get into detail, but will never return, I am not happy to please, just so disappointed, staff so rude, never experience anything like it before, improvement needed in every area, I felt intimidated , I was so happy when my stay was over,

Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo
5  Thank Toriu
Beanie100, Owner at Craigard House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 28 January 2014

You were part of the same group as the previous reviewer. You and a group of colleagues were booked into our hotel by a booking agency. Your behaviour was such that we had cause to remonstrate with you directly. We have also complained to your employers.

Reviewed 23 January 2014 via mobile

By reading previous reviews I can totally agree very arrogant and rude staff would never recommend this place to anyone food was rubbish booked breakfast to be 5 minutes late to be told it was finished and I wouldn't be getting anything so more money out of pocket also really nasty smell of fish in the rooms can't locate the smell halls smell of pee don't know what class if people are there but honesty disgusted will NEVER visit again

Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank Weeman2013

Unfortunately, the unpleasantness of your review reflects your personality. You and a group of colleagues were booked into our hotel by a booking agency. Your behaviour was such that we had cause to remonstrate with you directly. We have also complained to your employers.

Reviewed 20 November 2013

I booked this hotel as it was offering a good deal on one of the last minute sites and I'm glad that I did. Lovely atmosphere, like staying in a private house in some ways. Lounge was very pleasant to sit in and read a book whilst my dinner was prepared. Quality of the food was amazing. Very tasty. Friendly staff. Beautiful views out the huge windows. And the bill was less than half of what I would pay in Edinburgh for a similar meal.
Bedroom was fine, plenty towels, toiletries and I was pleased to find a dressing gown, a hair dryer and an iron when I opened the wardrobe door. Also impressed with the step by step guide to get the bedroom tv into satilite mode.
Would stay again if I was in the area.

Room Tip: My room (6) had a boring view view but was very quiet. And that is way more important to me.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 24 October 2013

we went to this wonderful place called Campbeltown with 8 golfing friends; our stay was super, and Lori from the Craigard house hotel did all she could to make our stay the most enjoyable. we stayed in ths cosy hotel where they serve excellent diner at night ( compliments to the chef) and where the staff is very friendly and helpfull
we'll be back!

Room Tip: go for room nr 4, you'll love the view!
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 16 October 2013

This was my 2nd stay at this hotel, having stayed there not long after it opened, and I experienced a bit of a mixed bag. I arrived after 9pm and, on arrival, was met by the Chef in the car park to ask if I wanted to eat in the restaurant (he had stayed on) which was a nice touch. The owner gave me my key, small talk not a strength me thinks, and directed me to my room which although large and clean was in the 'annex' of the hotel where everything felt a little bit lower in quality (shower too hot or extremely hot!) than the main building. Breakfast in the morning was excellent, wide range of both hot and cold, and the waitress was attentive and very pleasant. Overall this hotel is good, but could be better, and I would stay again but would ask for a different room and would have dinner in the restaurant as a way of thanking the friendly and thoughtful chef.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 11 October 2013

We stayed only for one night as we were passing through the town. Really enjoyed the experience. We had a room at the front of the house overlooking the Loch. Four poster bed was comfortable and the room well equipped with settee and chair. The decor was not particularly my taste but represented how things were in the original residence.
Make sure you stay for dinner, the food is excellent and well served, all the staff were pleasant and really wanted to make our stay enjoyable. I would recommend this hotel and would stay there again if ever in the area.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 September 2013

This was a real shame. The location is excellent, the food is good, the rooms are good - plenty of good literature about the local area as well

We stayed for two nights and we thought some of the service was haphazard and some of it was rude

The first morning our breakfast order got lost for a while which would have been fine but we did have a bus we needed to catch - waitress seemed genuinely upset with herself (no matter) , while we were waiting we witnessed a family of four wait a quarter of an hour to check out - owner had given some other guests a lift somewhere and no-one else could check them out.

Second morning the waitress remembered us. By this stage we had had quite a few Scottish breakfast so ordered only a few items. Trying to make it up to us she brought double portions. We had pre-paid our stay but I normally like to hand the key over in person so there is no mis-understanding etc. So, we waited at reception. The waitress saw us - said that the owner wasn't expecting to check anyone out but would find him. He came out and bluntly said that we we had already paid. We stayed at five different accommodations on that holiday - I gather that the more normal practice is to have a brief friendly chat with the guests to see them on their way. Rude.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Trevor A
Also consider these accommodations in or near Campbeltown
Argyll Arms Hotel
#16 of 19 in Campbeltown
The Ugadale Hotel & Cottages
The Ugadale Hotel & Cottages
#1 of 1 in Machrihanish

Been to Craigard House Hotel? Share your experiences!