We booked Craigard very late on the day of arrival, which was no problem for the owner. The room that we stayed in was dated but had a charm that is hard to get with new, modern hotels. The room was immaculate and supplied with everything required for a comfortable stay including bottled water (still and sparkling), chocolate (nice touch) and toiletries. The highlight of the stay was breakfast: Craigard offers a tantalising menu with quality continental and cooked options. I would recommend the smoked haddock topped with poached eggs - it certainly set me up for the journey home. The owner was very happy to oblige when asked for items to be cooked a particular way. We were very happy with our short stay at Craigard. If we were to return to Campbeltown, we would definitely look into staying again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- An imposing 1882 Italianate Mansion overlooking Campbeltown Loch on the peaceful and beautiful Kintyre Peninsula. Stunning scenery, wildlife, quiet roads and beaches - and 13 comfortable rooms to come home to, all with bath, shower,huge fluffy towels, Neutrogena toiletries, bathrobes, Free WiFi and satellite TV. Enjoy the informal and intimate atmosphere of the Lochside Restaurant with lovely sea views and wonderful food. We specialise in local seafood, shellfish, meat, produce and game - as well as a comprehensive and welcoming Wine and Malt Whisky list. Classic Links Golf at Machrihanish GC, Machrihanish Dunes and Dunaverty await you. Lori and Roger look forward to welcoming you... ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, LateRooms and Evoline ltd so you can book your Craigard House Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Craigard Hotel Campbeltown
- Craigard House Hotel Campbeltown, Argyll And Bute