My companion and I dropped in here for dinner a while back. This hotel is in a very attractive house overlooking the Loch - splendid position - and there was plenty of parking places up a steep driveway. From then on, it was a little bit odd. We were welcomed and the words were appropriate but we both felt we were being treated with a little suspicion and were on trial. We were sat down in a sitting room and handed menus but nobody asked us if we would like a pre-dinner drink so we did not get one because we were left on our own. The service in t he dining room, was efficient if not effusive. My mussels were delicious and the rack of lamb was very tasty, albeit a little on the tough side, but my companion said his beef was delicious. A pleasant, local beer and a local whisky were then ordered to drink with the meal. Almost as soon as we received our first courses, everyone else in the dining room upped and left. I don't think it was anything to do with us! Perhaps guests here just like eating early. However, the two waitresses then began laying up for breakfast so our next courses were eaten to the accompaniment of a loud clatter of plates and cutlery being laid out. We felt very unwelcome and in the way while all this was going on. I might go back for a meal but would not want to stay there.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- An imposing 1882 Italianate Mansion overlooking Campbeltown Loch on the peaceful and beautiful Kintyre Peninsula. Stunning scenery, wildlife, quiet roads and beaches - and 13 comfortable rooms to come home to, all with bath, shower,huge fluffy towels, Neutrogena toiletries, bathrobes, Free WiFi and satellite TV. Enjoy the informal and intimate atmosphere of the Lochside Restaurant with lovely sea views and wonderful food. We specialise in local seafood, shellfish, meat, produce and game - as well as a comprehensive and welcoming Wine and Malt Whisky list. Classic Links Golf at Machrihanish GC, Machrihanish Dunes and Dunaverty await you. Lori and Roger look forward to welcoming you... ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com and LateRooms so you can book your Craigard House Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Craigard Hotel Campbeltown
- Craigard House Hotel Campbeltown, Argyll And Bute