“Best Place in Campbeltown for a Meal”

Ardshiel Restaurant
Ranked #3 of 23 Restaurants in Campbeltown
Cuisines: Scottish
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 19 September 2013

As a local, this establishment is always my first choice of places to go when going out for lunch or dinner.
The service is great and the staff are always friendly and welcoming. The food is outstanding and they always have some delicious choices on the specials menu. I highly recommend the Haggis Balls with Peppercorn sauce as a starter they are delicious. They have a delicious dish that pops up on their specials menu every now and again called Cajun Chicken which consists of a chicken breast in a beautiful Cajun sauce served with veg and potatoes or chips if you prefer. I would also highly recommend this.
My only criticism is that the dinner menu doesn't seem to change very often which I think lets them down slightly. Maybe this is just because I am a frequent visitor though. The atmosphere in the lounge is so cosy and it looks stunning since its had its big refurb. The whisky bar is outstanding and I urge everyone passing to pay a visit.
I cant wait to go back for a meal next week with my boyfriend for our anniversary.

2  Thank Pickler89

Reviewed 9 September 2013

A great place for a break from the city life, the two girls work hard at making sure it all goes to plan. Food, Rooms all excellent. Don't even think of going anywhere else if you want to sample our national drink, the last time I was there they had at least 600 varieties to choose from in the bar and Flora's knowledge is second to none.... Not to Be Missed

1  Thank 1WhoGetsAbout
Reviewed 22 August 2013

After a long cycle trip to Campbeltown, I was recommended by the B&B proprietor (where I was staying) to come to this hotel's restaurant for an evening meal. So pleased I took the advice as it served very high quality food in a fine environment by friendly staff. I can particularly recommend the scallops.

Reviewed 15 August 2013 via mobile

Was there for a meal with friends celebrating their anniversary. The meal was lovely unfortunately some of the members of staff were not. As a waitress myself I couldn't believe it when the young girl basically threw the plates at us.

Reviewed 12 August 2013

Ate here on a Friday night, great food and service. Food was good quality, had steak which was great and reasonably priced (c £18). Good place for a meal in Campbelltown.