“Freezing cold but excellent and informative!”

Mull of Kintyre Seatours
Newmarket, United Kingdom
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Freezing cold but excellent and informative!”
Reviewed 25 May 2013

Thoroughly enjoyed our trip to Sanda island, saw dolphins and puffins which was the aim of the trip so all in all very happy

Visited May 2013
2 Thank Hugo S

Manchester, United Kingdom
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 25 helpful votes
“Great Fun! Our 5 year old loved it”
Reviewed 26 November 2012

As the other reviewers have said, this is not a sedate cruise abound the loch! Spent a couple of days watching various groups go out with Mike and - not being the best sailors - put all ideas of a trip out of our minds. And then, the sea was a flat calm and it seemed too good an opportunity to miss.

A fast exit from Campbeltown Loch ensued and then a high speed trip across a glass like sea to Sanda where we watched puffins and gannets and got really close to seals basking in the sun by the lighthouse. Our 5 year old loved being so close to the rafts of puffins floating off the islands

Mike was an excellent guide and would definitely do this again next year..... but only in the same sea conditions!!!

3 Thank verywellfed
Douglas, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“A LOVELY DAY!”
Reviewed 23 May 2012

Not being the best sailor, I was more than apprehensive getting on to Mike's rib to head for Sanda. I need not have worried and not once did I feel scared or seasick. The crossing out was quite rough (for me anyway) and only took half an hour. Mike let us have several hours on the island which we thoroughly enjoyed. Crossing back was much smoother. Thought the need for balacalvas was a bit of a joke but it's not! You should wear them! Will definitely use Mike again and go back to Sanda when the restaurant reopens.

3 Thank MAGANRU
Sheffield, United Kingdom
29 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 122 helpful votes
“Excellent!!!”
Reviewed 5 May 2012

We booked this trip for four of us at the Tourist Information Centre in Campbeltown about two hours before we were due to set sail. I was a bit concerned because I always get sea sick. The lady at the tourist information reassured me so I booked it. As we crossed the road, the captain, Michael, appeared and reassured me I wouldn't be sick on his boat which I thought was nice of him. We turned up just before 2pm and were kitted out with waterproof coat, trousers, lifejacket and balaclava. There was just the four of us on the speedboat. We spent two hours on the wildlife around Sandha trip. It was great! We saw puffins, seals and porpoise! Michael was really informative and tried to steer the boat near the wildlife so my husband could take photographs. And I wasn't sick!! It was £25 per person but thoroughly worth it!!!

4 Thank CupcakeW
London
35 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 380 helpful votes
“Brilliant fun, this isn't a sedate boat trip - this is a speed boat!”
Reviewed 20 June 2011

OK so I was in Campbeltown for the Mull of Kintyre half marathon and, as I was staying on for a week (with my mum in tow) decided to book a boat trip. The tip here is to try and book well in advance so that Michael (the owner) has a chance to advertise as we needed 4 people for our trip to the Isle of Arran and there was just the two of us.

In the end I decided to pay for 4 people (£120) for the 40 min crossing, 3 hours on the Isle of Arran and the 40 min return journey. I booked this through the Tourist Information office at the end of town.

Anyway, so on a very sunny day we met Michael near the tourist office and he handed us our kit (waterproof jacket, trousers, lifebelt, gloves and balaclavas!!) I thought this was a bit over the top for a sedate boat trip on the boat I thought we were going on until he directed us to a speed boat.

The speed boat has seats like a horse's saddle with a handle in front and behind. Michael took our bags and put them somewhere waterproof and then we were off, exceedingly fast!

It was fantastic fun both on the way out and way back. I was able to video my 72 year old mum looking like she was in the special forces about to land on a beach as we hit wave after wave.

The 3 hour stop over on the Isle of Arran was great. I initially thought that 3 hours would be far too long but we visited the Isle of Arran distillery (reviewed separately) and we just made it back to the boat on time.

Great value for money. Great fun. Friendly owner (Michael) and probably our best day out during our one week in Campbeltown.

I highly recommend this trip.

Visited June 2011