“Carnoustie Ramblers”
Review of Earadale B&B

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Campbeltown
Earadale B&B
Ranked #6 of 19 Campbeltown B&B and Inns
Dundee, Scotland, United Kingdom
“Carnoustie Ramblers”
Reviewed 29 May 2012

Nine of us stayed for 3 nights in May while completing Kintyre Way. Every aspect of our stay was positive. The accommodation was spotlessly clean and attractively decorated with obvious effort being made to ensure guests felt at home. The breakfast menu was varied and beautifully cooked. We had one evening meal , enjoyed by all. The choice for each course was broad and portions were generous. We were delighted with the quality of accommodation and food and found this B&B to be fantastic value for money. Our host David was extremely helpful and friendly while our hostess Jean's cooking was superb.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank HelenCarnoustie

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Near Edinburgh
Reviewed 13 May 2012

Stayed here while at a function in Campbeltown. Spotlessly clean, comfortable and homely, seaside interior. Would definately return to, and recommend this place. Excellent value.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled on business
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 April 2012

This b&b is well run and the rooms lovely and bright and decorated with a light touch coastal theme. Parking on the street outside. Friendly welcome - when my washing disappeared from the drying room it was because Jean had hung it out in the sun for me. Thanks for the loan of the map and the advice on routes. First class and great VFM. The Mull has fine beaches & walks & the hills of the Mull are a still undiscovered delight. Campbeltown is a friendly town of track suit bottoms and chip shops, Friday night teenager car racing, drinking, drinking & shouting and drinking & swearing. Uncontaminated by street furniture it has a similar feel to some of my favourite towns in Ireland, Caherciveen & Fermoy but unfortunately lacks the lightness of these Irish towns. This b&b may not have a fitness centre like the posh hotel at Macrihanish but in my opinion the whole of the Mull is one great fitness centre just put on your boots or get on your board.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank uniqueaccountname
Ballachulish, Scotland, United Kingdom
Reviewed 1 April 2012

Stayed here whilst cycle touring in Argyll for the weekend. Thought it was a great B&B - friendly hosts, lovely bright, airy yet cosy and clean rooms. We were very glad of the tea making facilities in the room, and a nice comfy bed. One of the nicest B&Bs I've stayed in, and good value for money. Thanks.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
Glasgow
Reviewed 23 March 2012

Experienced 6 nights here over the course of 10 days in a twin room and a single room whilst working in Campbeltown. Rooms were nicely and brightly decorated with ample en suite bathrooms and other facilities such as TV (that worked) Wifi and kettle facilities (topped up dail)y. It was clear thought had been given to how the rooms actually work for a guest to make them comfortable - I'm talking about simple things like the location of wall hooks, mirrors, mats and a glass to fill the kettle which wouldn't otherwise fit under the tap were appreciated! When I was told my 2nd stay (3 nights) would be in a single room on the top floor I was anticipating a broom cupboard but I was wrong: the single room was cosy and as comfortable as the twin room and the single ensuite bathroom surprisingly spacious with more than enough space for personal toiletries etc. On a personal note it was a joy to return to and relax in an immaculately cleaned room after a tiring 12 hour nursing shift.

I never experienced the evening meals on offer (wish I had) but breakfasts were more than adequate - cereals, fresh fruit, yoghuts, juices, teas and coffes, porridge etc all available along with a cooked one which I requested and was given at 07.00 every morning before starting work. Only met the hosts briefly but they were both pleasant, approachable and attentive without ever being overbearing.

I appreciated the Earadale even more when my 1st trip was extended and unfortunately I had to move to a more expensive "hotel" round the corner which I won't review because I have nothing good to say about it ("you want a cooked breakfast at 0700? Sorry we don't do cooked breakfasts before 07.30 even if you start work at 08.00 ......")

Room Tip: I'm not big on views. Both the twin and single I experienced were equally comforable for me - a...