“Scrumptious food.”

Dining options: Reservations
Kilmarnock, United Kingdom
“Scrumptious food.”
Reviewed 21 August 2014

Excellent food served with a smile and a lovely wine menu. Tried a few wines and they were all tasty.

Visited August 2014

“Extremely disappointing”
Reviewed 1 August 2014

Visited craigard hotel reataraunt for a family meal. Had seafood platter, it was terrible and at £23, I can only say.. What a waste of money. My husband had a starter of scallops with chorizo, it was swimming with oil and inedible. He then plumped for the roast dinner, it was worse than a school dinner. The service was dreadful. I could go on but I won't. I would not recommend to anyone.

• Visited July 2014
2 Thank Jayniemouse
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Excellent Scottish Fayre”
Reviewed 27 July 2014

Stayed with friends who have a house along the road from Craigard House Hotel and wanted to treat them to dinner. Have been to this hotel before and stayed overnight when we were invited to our friends' daughter's wedding a few years ago.
We were shown into a comfortable lounge area to peruse the menu and enjoy a pre-dinner drink.
The restaurant is small with about 6 or 8 or tables and has beautiful views overlooking Campbeltown Loch. Varied menu with 2 or 3 fish choices including Halibut, Cod and Sea Bass. Plenty of potatoes and vegetables are included in the mains price, which was excellent value for money.
Two young girls serving that evening were very friendly and courteous. The owner, Roger, was also on hand to ensure that we were all being looked after. We will certainly return when we next visit Campbeltown.

• Visited July 2014
Lochwinnoch
“worth the drive”
Reviewed 21 July 2014

My wife and I, along with our two daughters, have stayed here three times and have loved it! On each occasion the food has been outstanding, with so much accompanying veg and potatoes that we have struggled to finish it. Great breakfasts too, I`m sure we put on pounds! But I suppose I might be biased as I was, after all, born in Craigard house...
I`m very wary of single, highly negative, reviews, especially in light of the widely reported "reviewing blackmail" possibility. i.e. "Unless you give me my meal free, I`ll write a bad review". Guess we`ll never know, best to go with the majority and treat yourself to a feast!

I

• Visited June 2014
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
“Great Meal”
Reviewed 4 July 2014

The food was superb. Seafood platter for £23 great value. Super wine list. Overall a delight with stunning views over Cambletown Loch

Visited July 2014