“Excellent”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Westbank House

Westbank House
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Campbeltown
Westbank House
Ranked #10 of 20 Campbeltown B&B and Inns
Ayr, United Kingdom
“Excellent”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 September 2012

Stayed here for a few nights recently. Could not fault the welcome or the service. Very close to the centre of the town but in a very quiet area. Room was comfortable with small ensuite. The service at breakfast and the quality of the breakfast was excellent.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank IP72

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
berwick upon tweed
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 August 2012

Wonderful, clean, spacious and a warm, friendly smile to greet you at the front door. Excellent service and room quality, by far the best in Campbeltown (and I have stayed in a few). This one I will visit again and again and again! As the title says magnificent!

• Stayed July 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank minimomo666
Shetland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 July 2012

This is a guest house in the process of being restored to its former glory by it's enthusiastic owner - down a quiet street not far from the town centre
There's a garage and a space in front where we could park our motorbikes

The room was comfortable and roomy and clean
The breakfast was awesome! Stornaway black pudding and quality bacon! Very good
The filter coffee machine was topped up twice whilst we were having breakfast and was delicious good quality coffee.
It was the hospitality that made the place special - Fiona was brilliant and couldn't have been more helpful and informative.
Some people are just meant to be in the B&B business and Fiona is one of them!

• Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank ShetlandPearson
Glasgow, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 September 2011

We stay here - 12 Golfers - every year because it's very good and ideal for Dunaverty and Machrihanish Golf Clubs. Ann and Fiona are great hosts and nothing's too much trouble for them.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with friends
2 Thank Jayvee99
Ipswich
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 September 2011

I stayed two nights at Westbank House. I was very well looked after by Ann and Fiona. This started before I arrived when I couldn't find the place. Ann took directed me to the place in a very easy and clear way. Once there I never felt my enquiries, requests and comments were ever dealt with in anything other than a friendly courteous way. The room was airy, clean and had some nice finishing touches to it. I slept very well there. Was that Kintyre or the Guest House!? My breakfast were a treat, vegan, fresh and imaginative. The quality of food was brilliant. I also appreciated the other guests who appeared to show the same care for it as I did. Try it and see. I don't think you will be disappointed.

Room Tip: Be clear as to your requirements.
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled solo
Ayrshire, Scotland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 August 2011

My colleague and I stayed at the Westbank in July when we were there for business. It really is very nice indeed,nicely appointed rooms which are very spacious and comfortable and Ann and Fiona are super hosts, . The breakfast they give you will cerainly set you up for the day. You are literally 5 minutes ito the centre of town, so its very well located as well. I would most definately recommend Westbank, and hopefully wil stay again in the future

• Stayed July 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank bscot
canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 August 2011

It took me a long time to find accommodation in Campbeltown this visit. I like bang for my buck and by that I mean a good price for above average accommodation. It was Westbank Guest House that I finally found. What luck! The large home is well situated and within easy walking distance to the center of town. There is ample parking outside on a very quiet street. The room we had was very large,comfortable and clean. We had an en suite and our room was behind fire doors with only one room across the hall from us. Peace. Our hosts were two friendly women who were both fantastic ! They made sure our stay was comfortable and that all our needs were met. Our breakfast was set in a large dining room and the food was good. In fact, our hosts would have made anything we wished to eat. Campbeltown itself is a small town with the basic amenities but what we love to do is tour the gorgeous surrounding countryside. The Isle of Gigha and Islay, the Mull of Kintyre, Southend, white sandy beaches, golf courses etc. Lots to see and do. Some may say the town itself is aging but what they need to do is look at the bigger picture. This is our second time to Campbeltown and I know that we will be back!

Room Tip: Book ahead as places go fast in Cambeltown
  • Stayed June 2011, travelled as a couple