“what a lovely hotel” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #3 of 20 Campbeltown B&B and Inns
Scotland, United Kingdom
“what a lovely hotel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 November 2013

I stayed one night in a superior room and got exactly that. Lovely view over the harbour, Huge comfy bed, massive bathroom with fluffy towels and gowns. Very nice toiletries too. Lovely girl on reception when I asked for more milk cartons( I had consumed the ones provided) got me a jug of fresh milk instead ( nice touch!) The staff were very helpful and friendly and dinner (I had fish ) was of a high standard. Breakfast had every possible option I could want, only wished I had been staying longer- would definitely go back. You can eat at their sister hotel and golf pub in Machrihanish too ( looked very nice- didn't manage to get there to eat.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (80)
Kilmarnock
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 October 2013

I stayed at the Royal Hotel in Campbeltown on Saturday night 19th October 2013, in a superior room. All I will say about this hotel is that probably 80% of the UK hoteliers should come and stay here for at least one night and find out how to really treat a customer. This was a trully wonderful experience, and I was so sad on Sunday that I was only staying for one night, totally relaxing, rest assured I will be back 10 out of 10, well done.

Room Tip: Excellent choice for golfers.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
Doddington, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 October 2013

We went here for lunch when we visited the town whilst staying at Saddell up the coast. The service was efficient and the staff were friendly and attentive. The food was very good I thought represented good value for money.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
Durham, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 September 2013

We stayed at the sister hotel in macrihanish and were booked in for a meal on the 2nd night of our stay. We arrived and went into the adjoining bar for a drink before being shown to our table .There were 10 of us and we were seated in an alcove away from the main diners which suited us fine .I can say on behalf of each and every one that the food and the service was second to none. The staff were very friendly and hospitable .Nothing was to much trouble .We had a very enjoyable if sometimes raucous evening and would not hesitate to recommend this hotel to anyone

Room Tip: We only used the restaurant but the general concensus from other guests that this was a good hotel
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
skye
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 September 2013 via mobile

Congratulations to the staff that just made my stay so enjoyable, stretching to the staff including Jock at the Dunes and Mark, thanks Stuart for accommodating my booking, Peter, Zandra and Carrina for excellent service, all that gave me an extra early breakfast.

Room service, my room was excellent, beautifully laid out. A very comforting stay, you all seem so willing to provide an excellent service to customers. Menus were well priced, not too expensive but then not the most high quality so priced reflected choice and the standard. No complaints, the Dunes, a fantastic course.

Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
Northants
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 September 2013

My second stay at the Royal and the comfort, spaciousness and cleanliness of the rooms once again cannot be faulted. The Reception staff and most of the restaurant staff are great ambassadors for the hotel and ensure a warm welcome and great customer service is provided. A special mention has to go to Sheena who is just so friendly and has a great approach with guests. Unfortunately I also had cause to complain during my visit about the way myself and my sisters were spoken to and treated by two members of staff serving in the Black Sheep pub attached to the hotel but the General Manager's response was positive and reassuring and I appreciated his sincerity when talking to me about the situation.

My last comment is about the food in the restaurant - not anywhere as good as last year. I think the hotel may have a new chef and my advice is he needs to stop over cooking everything!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Finlaysathome
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 September 2013

First class service, food and accommodation. We stayed three nights in this gem of a hotel, enhanced by the visit to the local 100 year old cinema; best surround sound on a film we have experienced in a long time. The mini bus to the Machrihanish Dunes is a bonus. Ferry from Ardrossan (summer only finishes end of September) and drive back up the east coast of the Peninsula makes this an accessible and enjoyable location for exploring this lovely part of the country.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Also consider these accommodations in or near Campbeltown
Argyll Arms Hotel
#7 of 20 in Campbeltown
Argyll Hotel
Argyll Hotel
#2 of 20 in Campbeltown

Been to The Royal Hotel? Share your experiences!