The Royal Hotel
US$183
Travelocity
Carradale(Campbeltown)
The Glens Hotel(Cushendall)
No availability for your dates from our partners
All reviewsthe black sheepsuperior roomsister hoteloverlooking the harbourlovely hotelcullen skinkmachrihanish dunesreception staffhigh standardhaggis nachoslocal stafffine hotelcorner roomfirst classugadale hotelfirst floorplenty of free parking
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 26 November 2013 via mobile

One of the best hotels I have stayed in to date.

The room was very nice, the bed was comfortable and clean. The shower was fantastic.

Staff were always friendly and the breakfast was perfect.

Not much more I could ask for.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank GordonBaird
Reviewed 13 November 2013

I stayed one night in a superior room and got exactly that. Lovely view over the harbour, Huge comfy bed, massive bathroom with fluffy towels and gowns. Very nice toiletries too. Lovely girl on reception when I asked for more milk cartons( I had consumed the ones provided) got me a jug of fresh milk instead ( nice touch!) The staff were very helpful and friendly and dinner (I had fish ) was of a high standard. Breakfast had every possible option I could want, only wished I had been staying longer- would definitely go back. You can eat at their sister hotel and golf pub in Machrihanish too ( looked very nice- didn't manage to get there to eat.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 22 October 2013

I stayed at the Royal Hotel in Campbeltown on Saturday night 19th October 2013, in a superior room. All I will say about this hotel is that probably 80% of the UK hoteliers should come and stay here for at least one night and find out how to really treat a customer. This was a trully wonderful experience, and I was so sad on Sunday that I was only staying for one night, totally relaxing, rest assured I will be back 10 out of 10, well done.

Room Tip: Excellent choice for golfers.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 15 October 2013

We went here for lunch when we visited the town whilst staying at Saddell up the coast. The service was efficient and the staff were friendly and attentive. The food was very good I thought represented good value for money.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 September 2013

We stayed at the sister hotel in macrihanish and were booked in for a meal on the 2nd night of our stay. We arrived and went into the adjoining bar for a drink before being shown to our table .There were 10 of us and we were seated in an alcove away from the main diners which suited us fine .I can say on behalf of each and every one that the food and the service was second to none. The staff were very friendly and hospitable .Nothing was to much trouble .We had a very enjoyable if sometimes raucous evening and would not hesitate to recommend this hotel to anyone

Room Tip: We only used the restaurant but the general concensus from other guests that this was a good hotel
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends