The Royal Hotel
  • Restaurant
  • Bar/Lounge
Saddell House(Saddell)
View Hotel
Gigha Hotel(Isle of Gigha)
Villa Farmhouse(Cushendun)
  • Free Internet
All reviewsthe black sheepsuperior roomsister hoteloverlooking the harbourlovely hotelcullen skinkmachrihanish dunesreception staffhigh standardhaggis nachoslocal stafffine hotelcorner roomfirst classugadale hotelfirst floorplenty of free parking
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 27 December 2013

Fantastic hotel stagf really friendly food excellent could not fault anything read other reviews that was totally rubbish hotel is in hreat location could not ask for a better location would certainly reccomend this hotel

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 26 November 2013 via mobile

One of the best hotels I have stayed in to date.

The room was very nice, the bed was comfortable and clean. The shower was fantastic.

Staff were always friendly and the breakfast was perfect.

Not much more I could ask for.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank GordonBaird
Reviewed 13 November 2013

I stayed one night in a superior room and got exactly that. Lovely view over the harbour, Huge comfy bed, massive bathroom with fluffy towels and gowns. Very nice toiletries too. Lovely girl on reception when I asked for more milk cartons( I had consumed the ones provided) got me a jug of fresh milk instead ( nice touch!) The staff were very helpful and friendly and dinner (I had fish ) was of a high standard. Breakfast had every possible option I could want, only wished I had been staying longer- would definitely go back. You can eat at their sister hotel and golf pub in Machrihanish too ( looked very nice- didn't manage to get there to eat.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 22 October 2013

I stayed at the Royal Hotel in Campbeltown on Saturday night 19th October 2013, in a superior room. All I will say about this hotel is that probably 80% of the UK hoteliers should come and stay here for at least one night and find out how to really treat a customer. This was a trully wonderful experience, and I was so sad on Sunday that I was only staying for one night, totally relaxing, rest assured I will be back 10 out of 10, well done.

Room Tip: Excellent choice for golfers.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 15 October 2013

We went here for lunch when we visited the town whilst staying at Saddell up the coast. The service was efficient and the staff were friendly and attentive. The food was very good I thought represented good value for money.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple